Part 15

When I came too I could hear echoing voices. A strange dim light cast an eery atmosphere where I lay. A distance drip of water echoed around the cement walls that now held me. The floor was damp beneath me and the voices continued to carry.

'I thought you said you wanted her alive?' A voice I recognised as Aaron's was speaking in hushed tones.

'I said that I wanted her, no matter what. Now that I have her captured, The Boss will be here shortly.' That voice belonged to the Rogue leader.

His Boss? He must mean the one who wants me because I'm the 'True Shifter' as he calls me. I don't know when he is to arrive, but I did know I needed to get the hell out of here.

'Shh, her breathing has accelerated. She's awake,' the Rogue leader spoke with malice.

'Oh dear, just because you got your sorry butt kicked by a girl, that's no way to treat a lady,' I spoke in my mind with a a fake Victorian accent. Even if they couldn't hear my taunts it still kept my brain occupied.

I pulled myself so I was sitting against a hard wall when a pain shot through my wing and opposing shoulder. I was glad to see I kept my Unicorn form rather than my stark naked interior. Blood stained my pure white skin from where the harpoons impaled me. Thankfully they had been removed and the wounds had begun to heal. I knew it would hurt but I needed to shift back to my wolf. I needed to be able to protect myself.

Slowly and painfully I shed my wings for fur and reopened my wounds, causing me to whine in pain. Back in my fur, with my claws and teeth ready to protect me, Aaron and the Rogue leader approached.

'The hell did you just say!?' Aaron was shouting, more like snarling at me from behind the bars of my cell.

'Idiot, must have hit his head pretty hard'. He couldn't hear my thoughts, I wasn't in a pack, no one could hear my thoughts. I laughed inwardly, probably a sign I was finally losing it.

After all, how much can one person endure before one loses all sense. Probably as much as this one has experience, which now has this one referring to oneself as 'oneself.' Confusing right? Yeah, I've lost it.

'Insult me one more time and you will be begging to live in there!' Aaron growled at me.

'Wait, can he hear me?' I furrowed my brows, that's impossible. The thought was oddly amusing to me. I was definitely going to test this theory. 'Try this on for size dog breath...'

I begun to insult the pig headed Alpha in front of me when he cut me off. 'You finish that sentence bitch and I'll..'

'Calm yourself Aaron.' A dark yet familiar voice broke the rising tension. His face was covered by the light that shone behind him brightly, casting a silhouette across his face.

'Boss, she is caught and alive, just as you requested,' the Rogue leader spoke as he bowed his head. I don't know whether from respect or fear.

'Yes.' The dark figure approached, completely ignoring the Rogue leader. Each step he took toward me, my hair stood on end and a cold chill ran through me.

'Interesting that we are able to hear her thoughts,' Aaron began before the dark figure cut him off.

'Shut up!' I couldn't help but snicker that Aaron, 'the Ol'Mighty Alpha' just got told to zip his lip.'

'If you find that amusing,' the dark figure continued before stopping right in front of my cell. My eyes quickly adjusting to the light to see his face.

My breath caught in my throat. 'Then you shall find my identity quite entertaining...Pup,' he laughed.

Peter.