Part 7

I ran as fast as I could, my paws pounding the dirt beneath me. The wind whipping through my fur and caused adrenaline to pump through my veins. Derek kept pace, he was an Alpha afterall. But I could feel his surprise at my speed. As I said before most female Wolves were smaller in size and agility, but I'm not normal.

As I thought that, I knew it was time I showed him what I really was and why they called me 'The True Shifter.' But that would have to wait cause Derek stopped abruptly. I stopped not far from him, asking him what was wrong, with my eyes. I realised now that not having a mind link sucked at times like this. He showed his fangs and lowered his ears, something was definitely wrong. Derek took off running in the opposite direction and I followed him. I didn't know what it was, but I had a feeling I knew.

We ran till we were surrounded by other Wolves. They were obviously having a mind link conversation and it frustrated me not knowing what was going on. But as everyone continued to run I stopped. I had smelt this scent before. Derek and his pack were headed the wrong way, they were headed for a trap and i could smell where the culprit was. 

Derek stopped his pack and came back to me. I looked at him and took off in another direction with them following suit. I had to lead them to the new scent. I knew now why the pack had come and why Derek was now furious. Rogues had crossed his borders, but wasn't until I tracked then down and stopped before I realised who they were.

The Rogue leaders eyes met mine and realisation dawned on him. A ferocious growl escaped me then and I barred my teeth. This was the man that killed my family.