Part 29- Derek's POV

It's the moment you've been waiting for!! Now...Enjoy!!
*********************************
The next 24 hrs passed in a blurr. After watching the life leave my beautiful and perfect Mate, reality drifted away. I was left feeling empty and numb, present only in body, but not in mind.

I vaguely remember Cole and Chase gently reaching for Kat's wolf, my hand stopping them. I slowly picked her up and cradled her closely to me, missing the sparks that once ignited and connected us.

Instead she was cold, limp and lifeless in my arms, everything she wasn't in life. She use to be warm, vibrant and stunning even in her moments of silence.

Now everything seemed distant as I made my way up and out of the dank prison, knowing well a part of me died down there as well. Somewhere in the distance I heard small gasps as my pack witnessed for the first time, the death of their Luna.

A Luna kept the pack together through strong bonds of friendship, kindness and stability. Her death literally represented the grim future for our pack.

Whispers started off as to the whereabouts of Peter and the Rogue leader, and why Kat had died in her wolf form. But I didn't comprehend their words, all that mattered was getting her home.

Hours passed as the scenery flew by our convoy of cars, but I didn't take notice. I just watched Kat's permanently sleeping face, wishing I could see her smile again, or to hear her voice once more.

I'm not sure when we made it back to my territory, but preparations began immediately. Voices spoke in the distance as I cradled Kat close to my body, wanting to share my warmth with her and knowing that it will never happen.

'Derek...' A faraway voice woke me, and I jolted waiting to hear it again.

'Kat?' My voice was husky from sleep as I searched her face, waiting to hear her. But a soft hand found it's way to my shoulder.

'Sorry Derek, just me,' Chase spoke with sympathy. 'Its time.'

I looked up from Kat and to the face of my best friend. He knew what I didn't say for he could see the fear in my eyes.

'Its ok, we're here for you.'

Next thing I know, she is being slowly placed on her alter, covered in a soft veil, surrounded by glistening white roses. Myself standing in a suit, looking at my dead Mate as my pack slowly faded away.

'Kat, my light, my life, my love. There is just so many things I want to apologise for, and much more that I regret.

I regret I never got to share a sunset with you, or watch a movie together by the fire. I regret we never danced in the rain as you suggested, but mostly I regret making you feel that you weren't exactly what I wanted.

And I never got the chance to say; I have waited my whole life for you, and even though I wasn't sure who I was waiting for, I was more than pleasantly surprised it was you. You were a blessing to this man who always felt like the best part of me was missing, and now I know, you were that part.

So... I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you this face to face, I'm sorry for the time we've lost but mostly... I'm sorry I didn't give you the life you deserved...'

I trailed off, tears falling down my face and not caring it was on full display to my pack. If I could cry tears for the amount of hurt I felt at this moment, the world would drown in sorrow.

Silence filled the forest as sobs filled the night. The feeling of hope within me died when Kat took her last breath.

Some time passed and before I knew it, my pack had left, leaving only Chase and myself.

'Derek-' he began but I held up my hand. As sad as it sounds, I wasn't ready to let her go. Kat was dead, and it was my fault, but I felt like this just couldn't be the end.

'Derek!' Chase spoke louder causing me to snap my head in his direction, my own anger surfacing as I began to loath myself.

But my expression quickly changed when I saw the shock on his face, glancing down at my Mate.

As I followed my gaze, it was clear why he was so shocked. Kat was no longer cold and she was no longer her wolf. Instinctively I reached for her hand and almost collapsed when I felt her squeeze it back.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open before looking around frantically, then calming when they met mine. 'I told you to trust me,' she weakly smiled.

The tears fell more quickly this time, filled with relief and joy as I scooped her up into my arms.

Incoherently I began promising her everything and anything under the sun. I thanked the Moon Goddess and kissed her gently on the lips before looking into her eyes.

'Ah, Derek?' Chase spoke through my happiness high and I turned to his questioning tone. Why wasn't he as happy as I was right now?

He simply pointed to Kat and again I followed his gaze to see what he spoke of.

Standing before me was Kat, alive. My Mate was alive, beautiful and...

'Why am I naked?' Her soft voice chimed and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips as I wrapped the veil closely around her, before pulling her to me again.

'Dont worry, just know that everything is going to be ok now.'