Part 1

Kat had a relatively normal life. She grew up in a close knit family, except it wasn't just an ordinary family. She belonged to a Werewolf family. It wasn't till she turned 15 that her life would change.

Years along the line Kat was left alone, her family were all gone and she was left to struggle and control her shifting. Things seemed hopeless, then she found her mate.

----------------------------------------------

I grew up around my family, who also happened to be my pack. My father was their Alpha, my mother their Luna, and my older brother was our Beta. Since the day I was born my parents would tell me stories of the first time they laid eyes on me. They would tell me of this mystical power emanating from me, the whole pack could feel it and they all grew anxious watching me grow up.

It was clear that I was something special, though nothing indicated so except the power that the pack members could feel around me. But I was already 15 and not showing any signs of a Werewolf or the need to shift. Pack members began to doubt their first thoughts and in turn doubted me, though my parents never did. 'You are special sweetheart and one day they will see it again.'

That was four years ago now. I woke up screaming. It was customary for me to jolt awake screaming. Every time I closed my eyes I was brought back to the day my pack, my family was slaughter.

It happened right after my 16th birthday. I had finally shifted, my White Wolf was larger than most females and had black on my paws, it also ran along my spine to my tail, before leaving a white tip. My colours were strange as most of the members in my pack were primarily different shades of brown. And most female wolves were quite slim in build and size, where as my was twice the size.

A week after my first shift my packs territory was breached when a Rogue pack entered our lands. My Father, the Alpha, led members to protect our land, Mates, women and pups. They were brought down with ease and I expressed my concern to my father explaining that it seemed too easy.

My title as Alphas daughter didn't earn me any points and I was scolded when I spoke without permission, but I couldn't help the feeling I had and so I did something I wouldn't normally do. I spied on my Father.

He interrogated the Rogue leader the day he was captured and he mostly spoke nonsense, something about helping his cause. But his next words caused me to shiver every time I remembered them. 'We wants the Black and White Wolf.'

I remember trying to hold my breath as I had started to hyperventilate, knowing it was me he spoke of. My Father was left speechless before he cautiously pushed the Rogue for more information. Again he spoke of 'his cause,' to bring the end of Half Breeds, but that he needed the blood of the True Shifter.

I didn't know what that meant at the time and neither did my Father, so he cast aside the mans words as a lunatic Rogue and had him killed. It was a few days later when I found out what that meant, and it was also the last day I saw my family.

------------------------------------------

The tree I had been sleeping in for the past week had given me a constant ache. I jumped down, feeling the tingles in my legs, and smiled for another day.

Today I was moving again, to a different state and different town. I had been going undetected by my many packs for years now and had come quite good at it.

I filled up on supplies from the supermarket and got back on the road. Over the years I had passed through many different packs territories and never had an issue and today wasn't an exception.

Once the sun had gone down I climbed the highest tree and set up camp. My hammock hung from two branches and I used my pocket knife to cut and tie a roof of leaves above my bed.

It was only two hours after sun down that I went and scoped out the area. I hadn't smelt any Werewolves around here and figured I had picked the perfect spot. Going behind a tree a stripped down and Shifted into my Black and White Wolf.

After I had hidden my clothes I ran. I ran like my life depended on it. It had been awhile since I was able to just run free that I almost forgot how sad my existence was.

Here I was, an orphaned 'Werewolf', who any other pack would see as a Rogue, which pissed me off cause I was nothing like those butchers who slaughter my family. Constantly on the run from someone I didn't know because I was 'The True Shifter.'

It was close to midnight when I turned back toward my hideout, I changed back into a human, put my clothes back on and walked silently through the forest.

I heard a voice from up ahead and scaled the tree next to me and jumped inhumanly from tree to tree without ever making a sound. I was sure to keep down wind so whoever was there wouldn't notice me.

After I got closer I could see three guys standing around my tree, all my stuff sprawled out on the grass. 'Who ever it is must be a Rogue, I have contacted the Alpha and he will be here shortly.'

The guy who spoke was quite muscular with light sandy hair, it was clear to see he must be the Beta. The other two spoke casually and not with as much authority, probably the third in line and a regular pack member.

As I watched them I noticed that this pack was a lot smarter than others. Every other pack had never noticed my presence, but this one had and I couldn't help but smirk like I had been caught. I needed to get my things back though, I needed my money and most of all, I wanted the necklace I had gotten from my parents on my 16th birthday.

It was then I heard heavy footfalls and felt the forest grow thick with authority before he reached his pack members. I knew the Alpha had arrived, but if the other pack members were smarter than other packs I'm sure their Alpha is a lot more intelligent.

I made myself scarce, but not before remembering one of their scents to track them down, there was no way they would leave my stuff there. The scent that hit me first was strong, almost overpowering but it was...heavenly.