Part 8

My markings gave me away instantly, as did his scar from his flank to shoulder. He didn't have many members with him, only his four to our ten. Derek put two and two together and realised this was the Rogue pack that claimed my family and haunted my dreams. He ordered his pack to surround the Rogues and they obediently closed any escape routes.

The Rogue leader bowed in respect to show he wanted to talk 'man to man' literally. Derek bowed back and they both returned to a tree to change. Once in their human forms they came to stand in the middle of the surrounding Wolves.

Derek spoke first, 'Speak! Why did you cross our lands?' His Alpha tone rang out through the empty forest and made the opposing pack flinch from his power.

It was weird to see him being the Alpha, I only knew him as Derek, my Mate. But here right now is a complete contrast to my sweet Mate at home, to the strong dependable Alpha before me now. The Rogue leader laughed wickedly as if all this was amusing, which only fuelled my rage. I took a menacing step toward the leader but Derek put a hand out in front of me, warning me to stay back.

'Hahaha, you think you can control that useless Pup. She doesn't even realise her potential. She is a child who doesnt even know her own destiny' his voice was thick with poisonous words. It was easy to see why his disciples followed him.

'She has a name, she is my Mate.' Derek's voice was absolute yet full of compassion.

The leader laughed once again, 'Hahaha oh isn't this precious. I'm sure the boss would love to hear of this little development.' His disciples shook with amusement.

Before I could react Derek was asking another question, 'Now i really don't care that you trespassed on my lands...' He trailed off and everyone seemed surprised.

Then he continued, 'Because your dead either way for insulting my Mate!' A loud powerful growl erupted from him and his pack backed him up. The Rogues flinched and took a step back but the leader seemed completely at ease. 'You think an Alpha Roar will work on me. I am an Alpha!'

'Yeah, a diluted blood line Alpha who's a lunatic,' I thought and then a smile appeared on Derek's face, as if he'd heard me.

'I will ask you only once. What do you want with my Mate?' I could see he was desperately trying to fight shifting and ripping this guys head off, so i closed the distance between derek and I so his hands touched my fur. Our connection seemed to calm him so he could focus on getting information. 

A wicked grin fell upon the Rogue leaders face, 'Well now the Boss knows her location it will only be a matter of time before he claims her. She is going to bring an end to the Half Breeds! And since you are her Mate, I cant see her leaving any time soon. Plus that's more leverage for us.'

That was it, I snapped and lunged at the bastard that took my family and now threatened my Mate. Derek shifted immediately and both sides went on to attack.

Ten against four wasn't an even match and being Rogues, their strength individually and as a pack was quite minuscule. So while Derek's pack attacked the Rogues I focused on the leader. The leaders horribly scarred side faced me as we went around in a circle before I made my first move.

My teeth cut into his scarred shoulder easily ripping a small part of his scar tissue. He whimpered but quickly reacted to land a mouthful of my neck. That was nothing, my healing had already kicked in and I struck again. This time my teeth connected with his flank almost ripping all the scar tissue.

The leader sunk back against a tree and Derek raced toward me after the Rogues had fallen. It was an easy fight, almost too easy. His scarred side now drenched with his blood, was slowly healing but abnormally slow for a Werewolf. Derek walked in front of me and let out an Alpha Roar, making the leader cower like a Pup.

It was strangely satisfying to see his bloody side and know I'm the one that caused it, but more than anything I felt empty. I wasn't the type to kill, but as my teeth sunk into his flesh all my anger and revenge melted away. The Rogue Leader, manage to get to his feet and slinked back into the forest, his tail between his legs. I didn't need to ask Derek why he let him get away. I knew it was because he was trying to send a message to his Boss. Not to mess with him, his pack or his Mate.

Derek had us escorted back to his house but not before mind linking a conversation to his pack, or more importantly to a large brown wolf. Once we were safe in his yard he disappear behind a tree to change. When he came back around after putting his short in he looked confused to still see me Wolfed up.

I looked to the direction the brown Wolf had gone to question Derek with my eyes. 'Thats Alex, my new Beta.'

'But I suppose it was due to my negligence regarding Rogues that Peter turned out the way he did,' he continued. 'I gave him too much power in deciding the punishment for those who trespass. Power makes people do crazy things.'

He trailed off as if remembering a harsh memory. Although for an Alpha is wasn't uncommon to have had their fair share of bad history.

'But boy am I glad that's over,' he smiled like the 23 year old he was. I felt so overjoyed when I saw him smile.

Part of me thought he would be grave after finally realising the situation I had put him in, but Derek didn't seem to care. Instead I found myself more surprised that I was happy that I got to see this carefree side of him. Earlier he had seemed like the true Alpha he was, but with me around he was just...Derek.

'So are you going to Wolf down now?' He seemed a little concerned that I was still on four legs. I shook my head in response which only made him more worried.

'Whats wrong?' He took a step forward and placed his hand on my head. This was the only way I could communicate to him in my Wolf form because I wasn't part of his pack.

'I need to show you why they call me The True Shifter,' I spoke in his mind. He furrowed his brows and let me take a couple steps back.

What I showed him shocked even this Ol'Mighty Alpha.