Part 14

Part 14

'Yeah about your packs name, it's seriously lame. Couldn't think of something more original?'

One thing you need to understand about me, once the anger sets in, so does my split personality. Being what I am I can't help but respond on instincts, and right now I wanted to tear his throat out.

'Ha, your quite the smart mouth for a Rogue.' Aaron's shoulders shook from laughter while I gritted my teeth, I was not a Rogue. Not that he would believe me.

'No comment for that, well I heard your something of importance amongst the Rogue packs.'

What the hell!? He must have had a visit from the Rogue Leader and his pack. Now I know why I had been locked in, they wanted to hand me over.

I instantly met the eyes of the cashier and Alpha Aaron's eyes followed mine. 'Oh I do hope Tuck here didn't give you any trouble,' he laughed as he threw his arms around the cashier/Tuck.

He flinched away from his Alpha which only caused Aaron to laugh harder. Tuck seemed completely uncomfortable with this situation, his eyes met mine and I could see sympathy.

'Enough of this one sided conversation,' Aaron began but I cut him off.

'Yes let's, your conversation topics are quite dull.' I threw my backpack aside and ran toward the two guards on the Alphas left.

Aaron didn't move but watched as if he was amused. But I quickly wiped his smile off his face as I quickly laid waste to two of his guards.

'Get her,' he growled, obviously no longer amused at my strength.

'Why, afraid I will kick your ass!?' I taunted as I knocked out his other two guys. Mind you my ariel moves were quite impressive, just use your imagination.

'Enough of this child's play!' He growled and Tuck dashed out the back.

'You took the words out of my mouth.' I laughed which of course pissed him off even more.

He shifted and his wolf was massive! His Dark Grey coat shook from anger , teeth barred and ready to attack.

'Ah, seen better,' (Yeah Derek! My brain chimed) 'Now here's my party trick.'

My shoulder blades ached before bursting with adrenaline. Stretching my muscles till white feathers replaced them and ripping open the back of my shirt.

My wings towered over my shoulders and fell gracefully along the floor. 'Still ready to take me on?' I chided.

Aaron growled and lunged, claws tearing into the tiled gas station floor. The power of an Alpha was truly something to behold, and anyone that stood in an Alphas way was surely playing with fire.

I was not an Alpha or Luna, heck I I'm not even an Omega. Not Rogue but an Orphan who just so happened to be The True Shifter.

His eyes flashed a darker shade of his emerald green eyes as his claws aimed for my shoulder. I ducked and rolled in time to see his head collide with the window, shattering the glass.

'Hahaha you know what they say about old dogs,' I taunted. Adrenaline was pumping in my veins and I felt invigorated.

He snarled and came for me again, this time blinded completely by rage. His teeth grazed my side as I managed to narrowly escape behind an aisle.

'Enough of this!' I yelled and power emanated through out the station. I beat my wings rapidly, causing a strong gust of wind that smashed and pinned Aaron against the opposite wall.

His wolf shook it's head from the impact and met my eyes, not wanting to show how much my victory affected him. I didn't want to kill him, I couldn't and so I flapped my wings and headed for the sky.

As I reached outside I heard something like a large gun go off and immediately started to duck and weave. But it wasn't bullets they had shot and before I could turn around to gust them away, their harpoon went straight through one if my wings.

I came crashing to the ground. Now I was limited to animals with wings, but I'd like to see them fight a Griffin. I shifted again but this time completely shedding my human skin for that of a creature you only read about in books.

The group that brought me down consisted of five people, and they all looked on in shock. I may not be able to fly but I could certainly deal some damage. I pulled my wings together, causing the guy in the other end of the harpoon to tumble toward me. His eyes showed complete fear and I laughed inside.

I held him in one of my claws as I looked to his fear stricken pack members. Death. I would never be responsibly for someone's death, but I wasn't getting away by shaking hands. I opened my beak and let out a loud high pitched called that caused them all to cover their ears and fall to the ground. They were all stunned and groaning on the ground.

This was my chance, with them all down I could make a run for it. Harpoon still in my wing I shifted to a Unicorn. I could run faster with hooves and I took off toward an open field. I didn't trust their weren't more pack members in the forest.

My hooves beat rapidly as I ran faster and faster away. Then I heard what I dreaded, howling. The pack of Rogues stood before me on the horizon, their leader holding a large silver gun.

They wouldn't kill me, they needed me alive, atleast I kept telling myself that. So I didn't stop, I kept running toward them full gallop and hoped that I could leap last minute to get away, but alas that plan shortly failed.

My breath caught in my throat as I felt silver pierce my side. Instantly my legs buckled and I tumbled, rocks cutting into my flesh until I came to a stop. I looked to see another harpoon sticking out of my side.

As they advanced toward me and darkness threatened to claim me, I mentally blocked my ability to shift. Meaning when I came too, I would still be a unicorn instead of a naked orphan. 'I still needed my dignity to fight for my life!' I thought before I fell unconscious.