Part 6

I pull away, 'And there is something else.'

He still holds my waist, not wanting to let me go, 'What is it?'

I manage to squirm free of his grip, if I continued being so clingy it will make everything I just said discredited.

'The people who are after me, they will stop at nothing to get me. I don't want to be the reason your pack or you get hurt.'

Derek tilts his head, 'I have spoken to Alex about it, he said he will do some digging but were are confident we can survive any attack. Our pack is one of the largest in the country and we have many allies.'

I shake my head anxiously. 'That's not the point. Wait, who the hell is Alex?' I know Alex is a boys name, but it can also be a girls name, and it unsettled me to think he was speaking so closely with another women.

'Why?' He looks closer at me and i can feel my cheeks betraying me with a light shade of red. 'Are you jealous?' Derek quips with a chime which only ticks me off more. I growl in frustration and turn away from him, forgetting our current conversation.

'Oh Kat, come one. I was only joking, Alex is my new Beta. After what Peter did, i couldnt let him stay.' his voice slowly gets louder as i hear him approach me. Im glad Peter is gone, but im still pissed he teased me. Just as he is about to rest his hand on my waist, i drop down low and swing my leg, taking his out from under neath him, effectively catching him off guard. After he falls to the ground in complete surprise i straddle him as he looks up at me, 'Dont play with fire Derek, you'll get burnt.'

His brown eyes darkened and i can feel his hands as they find my waist, electricity shooting through my veins i can hear his breathing quicken. I lean down as if to kiss him and his eyes never leave mine. Just as he thinks im about to plant one of him i whisper, 'Not today Cowboy.' I get up and look at him, stunned and disappointed. I smirk at him as he find his way to his feet.

He looks both embarrassed and hot about the situation we where both just in, but doesn't try to speak as he knows I wasn't finished with voicing my concerns.

'As i was saying, its not the point. Your pack may be strong Derek, but im not going to be the reason any of you get hurt,' I try to change the subject for him, knowing that i just practically humiliated an Alpha. But he doesnt seem to care, he seems to smile as if he clicked on that i too can play the temptation game. But his brows frurrow in concentration before he continues.

'I know it's not,' he reaches a finger out to place a stray hair behind my ear, 'You are caring and i know you don't want to see any of us hurt. But in our pack we do everything to protect our Mates and family, no one is against this. We have already spoken about it.'

I furrow my brows, 'Others know about me?' My anxiety sky rockets and I begin to panic. If everyone knows, it makes it easier for him to find me, thats why for all these year I haven't spoken to anyone, why i have been running and why i have never allowed myself to care.

My stupidity hits me like a slap in the face! I've allowed myself a reprieve of my past life, in hopes I would never have to be alone again. I got caught up in all these emotions that I failed to realise I was getting to comfortable here.

'Hey it's ok, everyone knows you are my Mate and wouldn't spread word of your location. You are practically their Luna now,' Derek beams.

I guess that hadn't really dawned on me that I would be the Luna of this pack because I was their Alphas Mate. Derek noticed the tense atmosphere.

'But I don't have to introduce you to them until the whole thing blows over. Although I am dying for them to meet you.' He beamed like a child.

'Why? They don't need to know who I am, you don't even know me!?' I knew my words were harsh but I was frustrated and directed my anger at him.

I shouldn't have stayed, I was putting everyone in danger. Now I'm suppose to just be a Luna!? It's bad enough the pack knows about me, someone is bound to slip up and practically invite my Capturer to my doorstep, or worse Peter could spill the beans now he is gone.

Derek was perceptive and he understood where my frustration was coming from, 'Yes I know. But I will eventually.'

He made a step towards me and i took a step back. I didn't want the stupid Mate Bond to make this better. This was my fault and I didn't want him to sugar coat it.

How could he continue to be so patient with me? Why was he so ready to put everyone he knew in danger just for me? My life just isn't worth as much as the lives that depend on him...

His eyes bore into mine and I didn't back down. Finally he broke the tension and sighed, 'Well I'm going for a shower, then I'll cook dinner.'

Before I knew it I could hear the shower running upstairs. I paced down stairs trying to calm down out the house suddenly seemed smaller, like it was closing in on me and i needed to get out.I pushed open the door, ran down the deck and stopped in the yard. It was a good thing Derek's house was surrounded by the forest, it's where I felt the most comfortable.

I looked up into the sky to see the stars. It felt like forever since I had gazed up at them, when in reality it had been a few days. I hated being cooped up. I closed my eyes and took in the breeze that ruffled my long burgundy hair. A few days after Derek brought me here I glanced at the mirror.

My cheeks had stitches from where the poker had sliced them open, making my high cheek bones look more protruding than normal. My blue eyes seemed almost grey, my lips were pale and I looked all round terrible. But since I had healed I looked close to normal, well as normal as being human again was to me. Still, three days was a long time for a 'Werewolf' to recover.

I could hear the shower still running upstairs and for the first time I was glad I couldn't mind link with anyone. Only pack members could mind link and since I hadn't been introduced or accepted as part of the pack, my mind was free of prying minds.

Sure of the fact Derek couldn't hear my thoughts I stripped down and shifted into my Black and White wolf. I shook my fur, loving being back on four legs. The breeze felt amazing through my fur. I had just been standing, enjoying the dirt under my paws before I realised the shower had long stopped. His scent drifted by me and I finally faced him.

His dark brown hair was still wet from the shower and he only wore shorts, leaving his muscular chest exposed. I couldn't help but admire this handsome man before me. But he also was checking me out, most likely because of my markings. I wasnt planning on running, yet. I just needed a distraction, and this was the best way.

I could see his eyes getting darker by the second and I knew he wanted to shift too. Turning around to give him privacy I could tell when he had Wolfed. I spun around to see a Dark Silver Wolf. He was stunning, like crystal water at night. The silver colour was something I had never seen before and it captivated me.

Derek nudged my side as if to pull me back. I reacted with what I had been waiting to do all day... I ran.