Part 2

I woke again screaming from a nightmare and ran in the opposite direction so i couldnt be tracked, always staying down wind. My movements were graceful, precise and calculated, I moved too quickly without ever making a sound. You see, all of your senses; smell, hearing, sight etc are heightened as a Werewolf, but I wasn't an ordinary Werewolf.

I easily found my way to where my stuff had been taken the night before and recalled the distinct scent, which seemed to linger much longer than the others. I didn't know why I responded so well to it or why I could pick the distinct smell of musk and cinnamon, but it was all I had to go on.

The wind blew the trees causing them to creak as they swayed in the wind. It was early morning and the forest was beginning to wake, but I could feel the atmospshere growing thick with moisture, a storm was on its way. I needed to track the scent and find my belongings before the storm arrived, i couldnt risk the rain washing away his scent, and the location of my back pack. As i ran through the forest recalling his scent, something inside me stirred.

As i tracked the scent and it became more stronger, it became apparent to me why my anxieties grew. I was excited. I was excited to smell the heavenly scent with a much more thicker quality, i wanted it to cling to the forest around it so i may never be apart from it again. It made me feel safe; and that scared me to death.

The scent lead me to a small shack on the edge of the forest. Every instinct in my body screamed that this was a trap, and I wasn't stupid enough to go rushing in, so instead I situated myself down wind, perched in a tree and prepared myself for a good old fashioned stake out.

All day I hadn't left my spot, i sat waiting patiently for the sun to set and for dusk to wash through the trees, and went it came, the forest claimed the night and i welcomed it. All the while my stomach grew impatient, it had been a good day or two since i had eaten anything. I know what you are thinking,'Why not just hunt?' Well, i may be a shape shifting monster, by it pained me to see another creature in pain.

Another hour had passed and with the constant ach of an empty stomach to remind me, the thought of just breaking down the frail door of the shack seemed like a great idea. I mean, i have been here for the whole day and no one has bothered to come. So with the lingering thought of dinner on my mind, i decided that once the moon was high in the night sky, then i would make my move.

The moon rose higher in the sky and i became more and more frustrated. As much as i wanted to tear down the stupid little shack, plank by plank, i knew i needed to be more careful. I closed my eyes and inhaled the night air. I could smell the distant rain as it approached from the west, clouds slowly consuming the stars, and the creatures of the night skurried below; working quickly before the rain came.

As the moon reached its apex and the clouds begun to consume it, i scaled down from my post, landing softly on the leaves below. It takes certain skill to walk among dry leaves and twigs with minimal sound, but to me it was second nature.

I approached the shack with caution and peered throught a window. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, it looked like an abandoned shack would, dusting and empty, it didnt even have a smell. Before i even thought about putting one foot in there, I planned my entrance and escape. If anything happened in there, i trusted the rotten wood to easily crumble against my strength.

Slowly I opened the door and quickly stood back waiting for a pressure trap, but nothing came. I picked up a rock from beneath me and threw it across the floor, maybe they had a trip trap? But again nothing. What if they just discarded of my things? So i made the brash decision to quickly dash in and grab my bag. But just as i was about to escape, a strong overpowering scent hit me like a brick wall and knocked me out, Wolfsbane.