Epilogue

A week had passed since my realisation to my Mothers words, 'Everything will not be the same or as it seems...' I now knew what that meant.

It meant I had paid the ultimate price for my life, by sacrificing my Wolf in turn that I may have another chance at life. And now my life stood before me, tall, handsome and proud as he spoke to Cole.

After the past weeks events, from my sudden resurrection to the pack finding out I was alive, Derek hadn't left my side. When he needed to do something, he'd get Cole to follow it up.

Cole had become Derek's new Beta, Alex now his third in command and Chase... Chase and his pack left abruptly the day after I returned.

We don't know why he left, he was Derek's best friend. I knew it angered Derek, to not be able to share this 'miracle,' as he calls it, with his best friend. He wanted to rejoice and wanted support from the person who was alway there for him... or atleast, use to be.

Since that day, I have been on strict orders to rest and recuperate, which drove me insane! I wasn't healing like I use to and they put it all down to me 'almost dying.' But I hadn't told anyone... what the real reason is. Not even Derek.

What would he say? Since I left that day, I had it in my head that he no longer saw me as his Mate, so why go to all this trouble?

Sure, he came to my rescue and tried to give me his life in return for mine, but I'm pretty sure he did it out of a sense of Duty. I mean he had 'taken me under his wing,' and when I dissapeared, he felt it was his responsibility to find me.

I watched him silently as he spoke to Cole, his eyes flickering back to mine. I hadn't spoken a word since I found out, and I knew it consumed his every thought as to why?

But nevertheless, he remained faithful and loyal, an inherited trait every Werewolf had. A trait that I felt I no longer had the right to claim... or had I ever been those things?

I was trying to make this easy for him, to finally reject me and move on. I knew the words would never leave my mouth, they just pained me too much. And so I waited for them to leave his lips...but they never did. Knowing it would hurt like hell to hear him say it, I didn't see where any of this was going...

I was a loaded gun. I could go off at any minute. My emotions were all bottled up and confusing that I felt I would fired at any moment.

I wanted to believe Derek still wanted me, that he saved me because he cared for me. But who would? No one. I didn't know what love felt like anymore, that part of me died when my parents did, and again when I lost my Wolf.

'Are you ready?' Derek spoke as he came and crouched down in front of me as I sat quietly on the sofa.

I looked at him in confusion, my brows furrowing unattractively. He smirked before he slowly pulled me up, 'You can't stay on this sofa forever.'

I didn't know what Derek and Cole had planned, but it definitely wasn't was I was expecting.