Part 3

When I came too I heard heavy rain and sighed inwardly, I loved the rain. It meant new life and it was refreshing, i wanted it to wash away my past, my nightmares and my pain, but sadly i knew that would never be true.

My eyes jolted wide when I realised I was no longer in the small wooden shack. My hands felt the soft mattress below me and the warm blanket that rest softly against my tender skin. I let my vision clear and slowly allowed myself to take in my surroundings. The walls were a deep brown, giving the room an earthly feel. Antique furniture blended against the warm wood and overall it looked like who ever lived here, was living a good life.

I heard whispers outside my door and refrained from scoffing, like did they think i couldnt hear them? Instantly i recognised Peter's voice, the stupid torterous Beta and someone of higher authority. I could tell by the power that emenated from the other side of the door that it must be the Alpha. The one who's scent both drove me crazy, and scared me.

I tried to sit up and my body cried out at every little movement. Looking down i could see that almost every inch of my body was in blood stained gauze. The Wolfsbane that i spent an entire night inhaling made the healing process damn near impossible, it was going ot be awhile before i would stop feeling pain.

I could still hear their hush voices outside the door and i knew i needed to find an escape. My eyes darted around the window but struggled agaisnt the dark. Without my heightened sight, i couldnt see in front of my face, but as if to give me some sort of reprieve, the sky lit up as lightning cover the sky. Taking the chance i used the light the lightning made and looked around, finding my backpack beneath the window.

Without thinking i dove off the bed and went crashing against the wall and held my bagpack to my chest. My body screamed with pain and i bit my lip to suppress the cry i wanted to shout. I breathed deeply and licked my lip to taste blood, just great. I sat quietly for a few seconds deciding on what i should do next when i realised the voices outside had long since stopped.

My heart began to race, my pulse quickened and my thoughts began to swirl. Where did they go? What are they doing? I didnt move, i didnt even breath, i tried to listen for an indication as to where they went. I could feel the trickle of blood from where i bit my lip, as it slowly fell down my chin.

Then i seen shadows beneath the door before light flooded into the room from the hall, blinding me and leaving me completely defenceless. I growled to warn them to not appraoch me, where ever they may be. Slowly i became accustomed to the light and could make out one of the two figure, the smaller of the two, it was Peter.

My body did what came naturally and slowly i could feel my bones breaking, readying myself to shift. But my body protested and do did the second figure,

'Whoa, hey! Take it easy you are really injured,' the strangers voice rang out. But that didn't stop me from growling and letting my eyes flash red. I could see by their body language my eyes surprised them, i mean its not normal for a 'Werewolf's' eye to change any colour, but mine did.

'Peter, leave,' the guys tone was absolute, but I didn't let my guard down even after Peter closed the door behind him.

Peter left and closed the door behind him, casting darkness over both me and the stranger, i growled again in warning to tell him to keep his distance. I heard him move and my heart jumped in my throat, i flashed my eyes again but couldnt tell where the hell he was, when all of a sudden a much duller light lit up beside the bed. He had turned a lamp on and was now approaching me. This time i snarled and it sounded more animal than human. Slowly he raised his hands in the air, 'I'm not going to hurt you, I won't let anyone hurt you again.'

Confusion swept over me but i never let my guard down. Why would he promise something like that? I could now see his face and recognised him instantly, he was the Alpha and the reason i found my way into this mess. His scent wafted over to me and made me inwardly sigh, how could someone i didnt know, make me want to feel safe?

To him i was suppose to be a trespasser, a rogue who crossed his lands, punishment was surely death. For any Rogue that crossed into another pack's land was to be judged by the pack Alpha, most didnt make it out alive, so why did I?

He was close enough that i could see his face now and my breath caught in my throat. He was even more handsome than i has first thought. His deep brown eyes watched my every move, waiting to see what i'd do next, his hair was tousled and he wore a tight fitting black shirt, and the same pair of denim jeans. He was an Alpha and in that moment I knew who he was, he was my Mate.

I was shocked and trying to come to terms with this sudden revelation, i didnt move afraid movement would cause me further pain, but i wasnt as afraid of pain as i was of him. In his eyes i could see he knew who he was to me, and who i was to him. We were mates and i have never been more scared in my life.

'Im going to come closer to you now,' he spoke softly and I flinched, 'I promise I won't hurt you.'

I still didn't completely trust him, even if he was my Mate. But I remained still cause I couldnt risk moving, besides i had no where to go. When he reached me, he caressed my cheek running his fingers over the stitches while he frowned.

'Im sorry I let Peter do this, I told him to keep you there till I could make it. I had no idea what he was doing to you,' his voice sounded pained.

I just looked at him, I hadn't spoken to anyone in years and I couldnt bring myself too. But I wanted to trust him, to let him make everything alright, even if it's completely irresponsible and selfish, can i just have tonight?

'Why don't you go back to bed and rest,' he spoke ever so quietly as he looked into my eyes. I nodded and he moved to let me pass but looked back when I didn't move. I had been huddled near my backpack for awhile now and i had started to ache.

'Whats wrong?' His voice was thick with worry. I looked at the ground and back at him trying to let him know I was stuck

He tried hard not to smile, 'You're stuck aren't you?' Again I nodded slightly. He failed at hiding his smile and reached out to me, but before he touched me he searched my eyes for permission. I granted it, I wasn't getting up any other way.

His hands slid gently around me till one was behind my waist and under my legs before picking me up with ease. I winced cause it hurt like hell to move at all and he eyes flashed to mine.

'Sorry, it was the only way I could think to move you,' his eyes filled with hurt to see me in so much pain that it warmed my heart.

He placed me gently down onto the bed and fussed over me and the blankets. I couldn't help but look at this man in awe, this was the first time in years since anyone had cared about me.

He must have noticed me staring cause he sighed in relief, 'So she smiles, though I guess we didn't give you much reason too.' I hadnt realised i had began to smile and he seemed kind of awkward and then embarrassed for bringing the whole torture thing up.

'Sorry,' was all he said before he headed toward the door only stopping when I finally spoke, 'Name?'

My voice sounded weird, I hadn't heard it in years but I didn't care, I wanted to know his name. He looked back and smiled, 'Derek.' I smiled back as I felt my lids get heavy, 'Kat,' I whispered before I drifted off peacefully.