Part 21- Derek's POV

'What?!' I roared, causing Chase to flinch in his seat and before he could even ask i put my foot flat on the accellerator. 

My pack and Chase's behind sped to keep pace with my rage filled driving. 'What is it Derek?' Chase asked cautiously. 

'Cole found Kat's scent, it lead and stops at High Falls,' i spat just as we past High Falls bounday line. 'Aaron has some fucking good explaining to do!' 

Chase was quiet for a moment, perhaps waiting for the right moment to speak up. 'Aaron knows we were coming, and he knows that your Mate is missing, maybe he hasnt put the two together?' 

My head snapped to Chase, 'Let me ask you this then; if you knew everything you just said, if and when you came across an Orphaned she-wolf, would you think the information you had even mattered? Aaron doesnt know she isnt a Rogue, she an Orphan, but in his mind, she has tresspassed...and we both know the punishment for tresspassing...' i trailed off. 

If Aaron so much as touched a hair on her head, i was going to make sure he no longer had his! 

'Well i guess we'll soon find out, his men are trailing us as we speak,' Chase replied. 

'Good.' 

************************************************************************************************************

Kat's POV

I heard his heavy steel capped boots as he slowly made his way down the stairs and toward my cell. Every movement was calculated, precise, he knew how to drag out silence to the point it became unbearable. But i wasnt playing his game. I kept my eyes shut and pretended he didnt exist. 

'Well Pup, as it is we both know you are very talent and special, your blood isnt anything like we have seen before. You can take the form of any creature you see fit and we can hear your thoughts, though you dont belong to any pack. Its quiet extraordinary,' he spoke and i could all but imagine his wicked smile. 

What was he playing at!? No longer having me injected with Wolfsbane, his contrasting behaviour from the other day and telling me everything i already knew. He had something planned and my insides churned at the thought, nothing this man did was ever sane or humane. 

'But here is a little tid bit for you since you have been so good. Your Mate is here.' He paused.

My head snapped in Peter's direction. Had i just heard him right!? Derek was here. H was here for me? Does he know im even here? Does he know about Peter? 

'Slow down that train of thought Pup. I can answer all your questions with one word,' He trailed off, purposely dragging out his last words. 

The seed of hope had already begun to blossom at the thought that Derek was here to save me, that i didnt even care what this bastard had to say. Derek was close, i could feel it. It was a low soft pull but i could feel it. I hope he could too. 

'No.' Peter spoke definitely. His words cut through my resolve, stabbing me and causing me to whimper, which only made Peter smile. 

'He doesnt know you are here. Aaron is with him right now, convincing him we never saw you. You are all alone down here, and will be till i can figure out how to harness your abilities. Once that has happened, you will be killed like the rest of your back stabbing pack. 

That was it. I had been through hell everyday since the day i lost my family, my pack. I had run, i have been tortured, i found my Mate and lost him, only to run; be caught again and tortured further. I had built up a pretty high tolerance for pain when it came to myself, but insulting my dead pack, the pack he ripped away from me, it was the last straw.

 I howled. I howled with every ounce of my being and it reflected my pain, my horrors, my sorrow and regret. It resonated throughout the small confines of my metal cell, amplifying it, peircing Peter's and my own ears.  I hope Derek would hear it, that he would recognise it was me, and at the same time i pushed the Mate Bond with full force, willing it to call to him, and i needed to not give up. I was ready to fight. 

************************************************************************************************************

MEANWHILE: (Derek's POV) 

We screeched to a stop out the front of Aarons two story country house, where he stood smug and righteous, awaiting our arrival. I hated Aaron with a passion, even though we had a treaty, i knew he was a snake from way back. As i opned my door, Chase and our packs followed. I slammed my door with such force i heard the metal complain. But i didnt give a shit. 

I marched up to Aaron where he stood with his men, one on eaither side. A strong tall looking man and on the other, a large hard-core country bumpkin that wore overalls with a name badge that read 'Tuck.' As they waited for us, I stood with my arms crossed, leaving only a few metres between us. 'Aaron,' his name practically tasted like poison on my tongue. 

'Welcome Derek, Chase and fellow Werewolves. I do believe this is the first time we are all gathered here together. Why dont we all come inside and we can hav-' Derek tried to greet us but i caught him short. 

'Lets cut the bullshit Aaron. Where is my Mate?' All fell silent as our rival packs watching their Aplha's close, waiting for any sign of hostility. I noticed Tuck's eyes nervously darted back and forth between myself and Aaron, something was going on. 

'I havent seen your Mate, Derek,' Aaron spoke surely, but i knew he was a good lier. I looked to see a look of realisation on Tuck's face.  

'Can you for just one second,' i fake smiled, 'not be your usual brain dead self, and tell me the fucking truth!' I growled, causing Aaron to snarl and for his pack to respond with a chorus of barred teeth. 

'Derek i warn you, as your host and as your superior on my land, to watch your tongue. I have already told you i havent seen your Mate,' Aaron said through gritted teeth. 

'Superior!?' I bit back with full force of my Alpha title, causing his pack to flinch. Aaron was nothing but gum stuck to my shoe, physically and as a leader, he was inferior to me. 

Chase rested his hand on my shoulder before he spoke directly to Aaron since we arrived. 'Aaron, we dont question the truth to your words but rather your actions.' This caused Aaron to grow red in the face with rage, but before he could respond Chase was on him again. 

'You knew of Derek's Mate's abscence and of our timely arrival, if you had found any trace of an unknown scent on your territory, you should have immediately contacted us.'

Aaron spat, 'What the hell are you talking about, i havent come across any scents. My boudaries are heavily guarded, no one could even get close to-' 

'I did, so did she.' It was Cole that broke off Aaron's lies and caused tension to grow thick in the air. He continued, 'I made it through. Your routine checks of your boundary lines are quite, how do you put it...shit. Once i was through it was easy for me to recognise Kat's scent.' 

Aaron took a step forward, warranting my pack and Chase's to take attack position. 'I havent seen your bitch,' Aaron spoke with such menace i damn near launched across the space between us right then and there, but something stopped me. A howl. Then a thundering pull that overwhelmed me with both relief and rage. 

It was Kat. 

I stood up, strong and proud, watching as Aaron and his men began shifting anxiously on their feet. I loved the way they squirmed and i was going to enjoy what happened next. 

'Well,' i said, 'You're fucked.' And at that moment, chaos filled the night.