#357. I'll Pick You Up When You're Getting Down

#357. I’ll Pick You Up When You’re Getting Down

Zayn: School had been stressing you out lately. You had exams coming up and you needed to make honours if you wanted to stay on the scholarship you had. After a long day at school, you had a minor panic attack when you got home and thought about all the work you had for the next week. “Baby, calm down.” Zayn soothed, catching you mid-pace and pulling you into his arms. “I had so much to do.” You shook your head. “And you’re too wound up to worry about any of it right now. You need to relax. Come on, I’ll give you a massage.” He pulled you over to the bed and you laid down. He began to work some of the muscles in your back and you felt yourself relax a little more the longer he worked. After your breathing had slowed, he slumped onto the mattress next to you. “Alright, how are we feeling now?” He smiled next to you. “I think it’s time for a nap.” You smiled back snuggling into his side. 

Liam: Under your blankets seemed to be about the perfect place to hide from the world. Your parents had been fighting a lot but when your mom called you and told you about their separation, it was like getting hit with a bag of bricks. You didn’t even know how to process the information. When you heard the door open, you peaked out of your blanket to see Liam walk to the bed. Soon, you felt the mattress sift as he climbed over to lay next to you. Suddenly, you felt like crying. Liam pulled you into his arms and held you tightly against his body while you cried. You tried choking out an apology, but he just shushed you. “Take all the time you need, baby. I’ll be here when you’re ready to talk.”

Harry: Harry was leaving soon and after lunch with a friend, you were feeling anxious about his departure. “What if he meets someone?” She warned. The words had been ringing in your head for hours. You had never really felt all that deserving of Harry’s extreme devotion to you and as a result, you spent a lot of time worrying that one day he’d realize and leave you. That someone else thought the same worried you a lot. You were sitting on the couch flicking through picture of the two of you on your phone trying to reassure yourself that nothing was wrong when Harry came home and sat down next to you. “I think I’m the luckiest guy in the world.” He beamed at you. “Oh?” You asked, trying to sound nonchalant. “Come here.” He reached out his arms. You fell back against his chest, already feeling better. “I wouldn’t give this up for anything.” He kissed your cheek and secured his grip around your waist.

Louis: You came home from work and found Louis sleeping soundly. You knew he needed his rest, so you took your laptop and checked your twitter in the living room. The amount of hate you’d received that day was almost unbelievable. You tried to stop yourself from checking what people were saying about you, but your curious side won. Apparently, Louis had tweeted that morning about how inlove he was and some of the fans didn’t respond so well. You were in tears when you finally put the laptop down. You went over to your room and crawled into bed with Louis, knowing that even being near him would be enough. He stirred when you crawled in. “What’s wrong?” He asked. “I looked at twitter.” You sniffed. “Baby, they’re just jealous. Think about who is in bed with me right now and tell me any of what they said is right.” He smiled. You rested your head on his chest and smiled back at him. 

Niall: Friendship was hard and as you got older, you realized that with all the added responsibilities of being an adult meant less time for friends. It seemed like any time you had a free moment, your friends had school or work or various other commitments. It had been months since you’d had a day with your best friend and the distance was wearing on you. You needed her around. After another one of your plans together fell through, Niall found you crying in your room. “Baby, what’s… Are you… okay?” Niall had never been great when you cried, but he tried. He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. You wiped your cheek. “I just haven’t seen her in so long and it so frustrating that we just can’t find time together anymore.” He scooted closer to you on the bed. “You’ll find time. You’re both just busy girls.” He assured you. “How about this, I’ll call her and find a day she’s totally free and I’ll send you girls on a spa day or something together?” He smiled. “You’re amazing.” You exhaled, knowing Niall had a specail way of making things fall together. “Does your amazing boyfriend get a kiss?” He smiled, crawling over to you.