☢︎︎Part 22☢︎︎

(Y/N POV)

"Well, I mean, I don't remember exactly."
Peters voice rises an octave. It always does that when he's nervous. "So, he's our age, and lives here." I reflect out loud. "He's been out chasing my dad and some other dude for two weeks, and was gone for a long time yesterday." I say. I see him visibly gulp. "Now let's see. You live here, you're obviously our age, you've been galavanting around god knows where for two weeks. And you were gone for a long time yesterday. Hmm. Have you got something to tell me Peter?" I put my hands on my hips. He doesn't say anything.

"Also, you're kinda popping in and out of places all the time, in fact, that time you left our date, I came home and saw on the news that Spider-Man stopped a mass shooting in a mall or something. He got there exactly 3 minutes after you left. So either that's a HUGE coincidence, or you're not telling me something." I say. His eyebrows knit together in confusion. "Wait, you think I'm Spider-Man?" He says, almost with a laugh.

(Peter POV)

"...either that's a HUGE coincidence, or you're not telling me something." Y/N says. Say something that won't give it away Peter. Don't screw this up. Play it off as confusing. "Wait, you think I'm Spider-Man?" I ask, with a slight laugh to it. "Yes. I do." She folds her arms. "Ha! I wish. How lucky would that be." I say. Wow. That actually sound convincing. Point one, me. "Mhm. So where have you been the past two weeks?" She quizzes. "I told you. I've been busy at the tower, plus dad and the team were dealing with this whole attack on Avengers tower so I was helping out wherever I could." I say. She pinches the bridge of her nose. "Peter, you're lying out your a*s. I can tell when you're lying." She says with a disappointed tone. "How? How can you just magically tell if I'm lying. I'm not." I lie. God, I hate this.

"Because, when you lie, you get fidgety. And throughout that entire explanation, you shuffled your feet three times, fiddled with the hem of your jacket, and rocked back on your heels three times. Fidgeting. That's your weakness." She says. "I don't know why you're lying. And ditching me. And telling me my dad is a bad guy. How do I know if that's even true. How do I know Peter? When you've been lying and hiding things, how am I supposed to trust you?" She steps away from me. "Y/N will you hold on a sec-"
"No! I will not hold on a second. I'm not gonna just put up with you lying to me. That isn't fair to me. I believe in having some blind trust, but I'm not gonna stand here and let you lie in my face." She turns to walk away. "D*nm it." I say. I shoot one of my webs, catch her with it, and spin her back towards me. I catch her, and kiss her. Hard.

She kisses back, then pulls away slowly. "So, I was right then." She says quietly. "Yeah. And I'm sorry I lied, but I had to. It was only to protect you. It's dangerous for you to know." I kiss her again. She pulls away. "It's worth the risk. Now that I know, I'm not constantly having my nerves eaten away by you stressing me out." She says. "Well actually, no, it's gonna be worse because now I know that you're out there fighting people who could potentially kill you." She sighs and lays her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm a horrible boyfriend." I say into her hair. "The funny thing is, you're actually not. I may not have had a lot of boyfriend's, but you are by far the best one I've had. You're the best, and also craziest thing that has ever happened to me." She kisses my cheek.

"And if I'm gonna have to ride the crazy roller coaster of 'Life with Peter Stark' then someone get me a ticket and a barf bag because here I come." She laughs. I laugh and burry my head in her shoulder. "God I've been so bipolar about this. One minute I'm yelling at you, and next minute I'm sealing my doom by loving you so much." She laughs. We sit there for a bit, just wrapped in a hug. Then she pulls away a little. "So, about my dad?"