ꕥPart 17ꕥ

(Peter POV)
*2 months later*

Me and Y/N are out on a date. We're at the Thai place that aunt May always takes me to. We're just eating and talking right now. "Hey Peter," Y/N says. I smile at her. "What?" I reply. "I larb you." She laughs. I smile and shake my head. I look up at the tv in the corner. "We have just been informed of a shooting at the local mall. The shooting is still in progress. Police are trying to handle the scene as we speak..." The news lady says. I tune the tv out. "Um, Y/N?" I say, hating what's about to come out of my mouth. "Yeah?" She says, her bright pretty eyes blinking at me. "I gotta go." I say. She frowns. I hate doing this to her, but this is important. "Oh, uhm, o-okay. Is everything alright?" She asks. I squeeze her hand as I stand up.

"Everything is fine. I'll make it up to you I promise." I say hurriedly. "Okay." She says. I turn to walk away. "Peter!" She calls. I turn back around. "Yeah?" I say. "I love you." She says, disappointment lacing through her voice. My heart breaks. I walk back to the table and kiss her cheek. "I love you too." I say, then walk out. I find an alleyway and change into my suit. Then I swing over to that mall. I get there and hear gunshots and screaming. I run inside. The shooter is wearing your typical black hoodie and jeans. I walk over to him. "Hey buddy, what d'you got against shopping?" I shout. He spins around to face me. The hood is blocking his face from view. He starts shooting at some people in a shop. "Hey, Hey, Hey, if you're gonna shoot at someone shoot at me." I say. He aims his gun at me and opens fire full blast towards me.

I dodge his bullets, and web up his gun away from him. He pulls out another gun and fires that one. I flip around him, dodging bullets, and I try to web his gun but he keeps dodging them. One of my webs hits his hood and it falls off. The guy has brown hair and a scar across his face. His eyes are a steely gray and he glares at me, then pulls his hood back over his head. He hasn't spoken since I got here. I try to web his arm, but he jerks away and tries to run for it. "Oh no you don't." I say and web his foot. He trips. I walk over to him, and he pulls out this electricity thingy and zaps me with it. It stuns me bad and I fall. I must have blacked out for a second because I open my eyes and the man is gone. I start trying to stand up. "Spider-Man!" I hear some cops come in the room.

They grab my arms and lift, trying to help me up. "Everything alright? Do you need medical attention?" One of the cops asks. I shake my head. "No. I'm good. Thanks." I reply. "Who was that guy?" Another cop says. "I don't know. I'll have to figure it out though." I say. "Can you guys handle this from here?" I ask them. "Yep. Thank you Spider-Man." They say. I salute them and then swing off. I get home and take off my suit, but keep the mask on. "Karen, can you do facial recognition on that guy from the mall?" I ask. "Sure thing." She says. She takes an image from the footage of tonight, and runs the scan. "I have zero recognitions for that individual." Karen states. "Ugh." I say in frustration. Dead end. I gotta figure out who that guy is.

(Y/N POV)

After Peter had to leave our date, I finished eating alone and then went home. Dad is on a business trip, so it's just me and my dog, Manchee, at home. I try to go to sleep. But I just stay awake worrying about Peter. Why did he have to leave? I mean, he's done this before, but never like this. This was different. He left right in the middle of our date. He's never done that. Although he has had to leave places in a hurry a lot now that I think about it. In fact, he's always rushing away somewhere. I never even realized it before. I thought that was just Peter being Peter. But I don't know. Maybe it's nothing. I try to shut off my mind and go to sleep.

(Peter POV)

It's morning now, and I get up and get ready for school. I spend the time before lunch just doodling and tapping my foot in class. The lunch bell finally rings, and I head to lunch. MJ, Ned, and Y/N are all talking. I'm thinking about where that scar face guy would be next. He is a criminal, so he will definitely be back. "Earth to Peter." Y/N says. "Oh sorry." My head snaps up. "Are you okay? You seem really distracted." She asks. I take a sip of my drink and nod my head. "Yeah, I'm fine." I say. We talk about home work, and we plan a day for all of us to go to the movies this weekend. Then we finish lunch and head back to class. I tap my foot throughout the entire rest of the day. It's a habit. School finally lets out, and I immediately head out of the school, hop over the fence, and head out to do Spidey stuff.

I start swinging through the city. "Hey Karen, any sightings of that scar guy?" I ask. "No sightings yet Peter. I'll sound the alarm when there is." She replies. I stop a robbery and help a little girl get her cat out of a tree. I give a few girls some directions, and walk an old lady home. A normal night. I'm in the middle of carrying a stray dog to a shelter when I get an alert from Karen. "Peter, the man you saw yesterday has been sighted. He is currently robbing a pawn shop on 8th street." She says. I hurry as fast as I can to drop off the dog, and then I head towards the pawn shop. I get on the roof of the building and slowly crawl down it. I peek in a window. The man is there. He has a gun, and is making the person at the counter hand over all of their.... spare gun parts? I even see some unused bomb shells. That is not good. I slowly crawl through the window.

"Hey!" I shout at him. He turns towards me and I web him right in the face. He drops the bag he was putting all the weapons in and starts swiping at the webbing on his face. I go to pick up the gun he dropped. By the time I turn around, he has the webbing off, and is aiming another weird device at me. I hold up my hands. He stays still. Then I jump up really quick and kick the device out of his hand. Well, I got the weapon, but now he's running away with his bag of goodies. I pick up the device, and then chase after him. I'm gaining in him, but then he just disappears. Into thin air. "What?" I say out loud. Where did he go? I walk forward. Nothing happens to me. So how did he disappear? I let it go and head back home.

I get into my pj's and then check my phone. I have three missed calls from Y/N. I close my eyes and sigh. I was supposed to walk her home from school. Crap. I press the call back button.