Twenty Two

Two wild animals were rabidly fighting with each other. That was us, Alpha Axellion and I. Fighting like a savage wolf, except I am in my Lycan form. The pack was watching at us, they were intrigued with our fight. Who would win? The alpha or the Lycan?

We were surrounded by the pack members in circles, but that did not pressure me. Alpha Axellion was about to lung me but I managed to dodge him off and tackled him. It was exhausting I admit, but I must win this fight in order to prove him wrong that I am ready to save my tribe.

"Give up, Ahyoka. You are not ready to save your tribe yet." Alpha Axellion said.

"Never!" I growled.

I lunged him down and was attempted to bite him off but I didn't. I released him and transformed back into my human form. Two women of the pack hurriedly covered my naked body and helped me stood up. Alpha Axellion also shifted back into his human form and one of the men gave him his shorts.

"I guess you are strong enough to fight,"

"I told you so--"

"but that doesn't mean I will let you fight the enemy alone."

"I can fight them alone, Alpha. You don't have to join me; it is too risky for this pack. I am already grateful about you accepting me in this pack, I cannot risk all of you joining me in this war against the vampirs." I said.

"No, we are all in this together. We will fight side by side, because you are already a member of this pack," Alpha Axellion said.

"I agree with the Alpha, Ahyoka. You are already part of this pack and by letting you fight alone, that means we are betraying you. We will fight with you in the battlefield, Ahyoka. We will win this war together," Callum said.

I suddenly felt overwhelmed. By joining in this pack, I am glad that I did not hesitate to join them. This pack treated me like I am part of their family, and I am grateful for it. Alpha Axellion raised his fist up in the air and looked at me.

"We will fight against the vampirs together! We will win the fight!"

Everyone howled in unison, agreeing the Alpha. I also raised my fist up in the air, and so does the rest of the pack members.

__________________

Tonight, the Equinox pack held a feast in the ballroom. Everyone danced in the middle of the dance floor with glee. Some were devouring every food placed in their table. The others were gossiping non-stop. Here I am sitting beside the goddess, Astâtheia.

"Hmm, looking at the wolves dancing happily in the floors is kind of, satisfying. " Astâtheia said.

I looked at the goddess who was watching the pack members while humming along with the music.

"I never thought you like a peaceful ambience, Astâtheia." I said.

Astâtheia stopped humming and faced me.

"I am the goddess of chaos, child. I love a chaotic world while my brother fixes the damages that I caused. At this point, I have to love my brother's job. Because if the chaos that I love will destroy everything, then there will be nothing." Astâtheia said.

I cannot believe what I just heard. The goddess herself admitted she loves a peaceful world. Wouldn't that make her powers weak if she cannot fulfill her job?

"Wouldn't that defy the celestial law? You being with peace?" I asked.

"It is against the law, so it is a win or lose for me. Me not creating chaos, but defying the law, still it is chaos but not in this realm but to my realm." Astâtheia explained.

It was kind of bit confusing and chaotic, well, she is the goddess of chaos after all. Suddenly, Callum went to our table and looked at Astâtheia.

"Care for a dance, Anika?" Callum asked, waiting for Astâtheia accepting his hand.

"Finally, some werewolf to have a short fling for the night," she whispered to my ear.

"Have fun," I told her.

"Oh, I will." She said and then she winked at me. She grabbed Callum's hand and dragged him to the dance floor.

I watched Astâtheia and Callum danced in the dancefloor. Astâtheia was dancing there seductively while Callum was definitely nervous and flustered at what Astâtheia did. I couldn't help myself but to laugh at their situation.

"Kind of lonely there?" A voice suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I looked around and saw Alpha Axellion standing behind my back.

"Alpha Axellion, I did not notice you there. Don't you want to join the rest and dance in the dancefloor?" I asked.

"Well, dancing there alone would be awkward." He replied.

"Oh, right. Sorry, then why don't ask someone who are sitting here in the room? There are plenty of girls sitting here instead of dancing on the dance floor," I said.

"Okay then, would you like to dance with me?" he asked, waiting for my answer.

If I accept his offer, would I betray my mate? Why would I think about that? I mean, Alpha Axellion is just my friend, he is somewhat like an older brother figure to me. Dancing with him on the dance floor has no malice. And so, I accepted his offer and he led the way onto the dance floor. The tune changed into a slower tune. Alpha Axellion grabbed my left hand and placed it in his shoulder, then put my other hand on his other shoulder. His hand did not touch my hips nor my waist, they were 1 ft away from my waist. Dancing in the dance floor was awkward since the both of us did not speak. So, I decided to make a conversation.

"So, Alpha, what's this party all about?" I asked.

"Tonight's Callum's birthday, actually. He is turning twenty-two and he is hoping he will find his mate tonight," Alpha Axellion said.

"Oh, so he isn't mated yet? I thought Callum had one," I said.

"Nope, both of us haven't found our mates yet," Alpha Axellion replied.

"Well, I know both of you will find your mates soon. Just be patient," I said.

"Okay," Alpha Axellion replied and he smiled.

All of the pack members were busy enjoying the party until someone yelled a rogue has entered the Equinox pack.

"Call the rest of the warriors, I will be right there. Stay here, Ahyoka."

"No! I will go with you—"

"No, don't be stubborn. This rogue might be dangerous. Warriors! Let's go!"

And then, Alpha Axellion and the warriors of the pack left the building, leaving the rest of the pack members in the room, panicking. I could not help but to feel curious who might be the rogue. Is it, Magnus? My mate? Where is Magnus? I hope he is okay.

Suddenly, I heard a loud howl outside the building. I looked around and every pack member looked surprised by the sound of the howl.

"Why? What does that howl means?" I asked to the girl who was standing beside me.

"Callum found his mate, but the bad news is, she is deeply wounded. She is fighting for her life right now," she replied.

Callum did finally found his mate, but alas, she is also fighting for her life. Who might be Callum's mate? But why do I feel I know his mate? I decided to find the rest of the warriors, I don't know but I sensed something's fishy.

_________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hi guys! Finally, I wrote an update. I had this draft last august 2019 but I did not finish it since I am busy with college and I am not feeling well. I am emotionally drained since I never liked my course. Anyways, I will try my best to update more. Stay tuned for the next update!

Xoxo,

Cupid_princess16