15 - Honey, I'm glad you came back!

Start from the beginning

"When is your birthday?" My left hand was wrapped around her small soft hand, and I locked my gaze on that innocent gesture that seemed to warm my heart as if it were the best thing in the world - and it was.

"September 5th."

I could have sworn she was smiling when she started playing with my fingers.

"What year?" She asked comparing the size of her hand with mine.

"1946."

Julia whistled playfully.

"Nine years older than me." She laughed as she stroked my palm. "And where were you when I was born?" She continued to make gentle circles in my hand.

"St. Peter Boarding School." I spoke with a sigh remembering those embarked times.

"That sounds interesting ..." She said in a sweet voice, I loved hearing the sound of her voice. "And you were born in London?" She asked lifting her head, there was a single dimple in her left cheek, her lips were rosy and her eyes bright with curiosity.

"Nope." I said smiling at her hiding my teeth.

She frowned, which she always did when she got curious, she was always very expressive.

"So where were you born?" She instituted it by doing that squinting kitten eyes that she did when she wanted something - and most of the time could.

"Stone Town." I said winking at her who seemed to get confused. "What? You're going to tell me you don't know Zanzibar, frankly-"

"WERE YOU BORN IN ZANZIBAR?" She shouted with wide eyes in surprise waking everyone.

"IS THE PLANE FALLING DOWN?" Roger jumped in his seat startled.

"What?" Deacy rubbed his sleepy eyes, Brian looked confused but realized nothing much happened.

"Nothing ... Julia just found out I was born in Zanzibar." I said, gesturing with my hands as if I ignored it all.

"Oh yes, Jully as always very enthusiastic." John grunted as Roger and Brian slept again and Phoebe watched us with the magazine in her hands laughing.

"Sorry Deacy!" Julia stretched over me, Deacy smiled at her and leaned back in his seat closing her eyes.

"You're very excited." I said laughing as she held my hand intertwining our fingers.

"I know ... I can't hold back, especially now that I feel so comfortable with you." She admitted shyly and that made me happy.

I knew she had been neglected by her parents and she had a huge love and admiration for her godmother and grandfather. She seemed to be preparing for another round of questions when the commander's voice sounded in the cabin warning that we would land in London. Julia's expression changed, her eyes narrowed and it was almost as if she was wondering when would be the next opportunity to know me more.

"Phoebe, as soon as we arrive can you go to that address I gave you yesterday and pick up the things that are there?" I asked my new assistant.

His eyes flicked from the pages of the magazine to me. He had been a find from heaven. He was well-recommended and the perfect size to be the safety for Julia's trouble.

"Of course, Freddie. Then I'll meet you at John's house, right?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"What's in John's house?" Julia asked as the plane dropped lower and lower.

Deacy's head snapped up as she say his name. It was always that way, he was always ready to listen to Julia - which I must thank him very much without him My-. What I'm talking about, let's get back to focus.