Chapter 26

The drive back home was quiet and long. Not many words were exchanged just the normal 'Are you hungry?' and 'Do you have to use the restroom?" My mind was blank and my body was numb. I don't know what to think anymore.

"We're almost there." Leon said finally. I looked up from my phone and glanced around. We we driving down main street, its was already 6 o'clock and it was nice to be somewhere I know. I stared out the window occasionally catching some familiar faces in my sights.

We finally pulled into the driveway of Leon's house and Aspen, of course, sat on the porch waiting. Aspen jumped of the porch running toward the truck as it came to a stop. I opened the door and she pulled me into a hug. We stood there squeezing each other for a few minutes. I didn't know what it was about Aspen but I always starting crying if something was going on and she hugged me. "Are you okay hun?" I nodded and pulled away wiping the stray tear running down my cheek. I looked up to the house and then back at her.

"Is he-," she nodded.

"He's upstairs. Go talk I'll get your things and bring them in." She smiled and I nodded. I muttered a thanks and walked towards the house.

I stood staring at the door trying to find the words I wanted to say to him. In all honesty I had no idea what to say to him. I sighed and rubbed my hands together. The door suddenly opened and I came face to face with him.

"Zayn." I whispered.  He stared at me, shocked that I even stood there.

"Calla." His eyes held something I could quite figure out. He hasn't shaved and his hair was scruffy and in his face. We stood staring at each other for a while before I broke the silence.

"Can I come in? We should talk." He nodded after a moment and stepped back. I walked in glancing around. The room looked just the way we left it besides the bed. The blankets were twisted together and the pillows lay on various places on the floor.

I walked towards the bed and ran my hand over the bedframe not wanting to face him.

"Look Zayn, I-," his hand softly gripped my wrist and he swiveled me around. His lips crashed against mine and my eyes got wide. After a moment I of coursed kissed back and he lifted my arms around his neck pulling me closer into his body. He pulled away and looked at me before pecking my lips a few more times.

"I'm sorry. I overreacted. I know you didn't mean anything you said I just, I don't. They hit me and I couldn't handle it so I ran. I know you were pissed and I'm sorry I just left you like that making everything worse."

"You didn't make anything worse I just thought I lost you. I'm sorry." I said, tears filling my eyes. He shook his head no and kissed my lips again.

"Don't be sorry and please don't cry." He pulled me close to him and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Back at the hotel you said you needed to stop falling in love. Does that mean-,"

"I love you?" I nodded and leaned back to look at him. "Yeah Calla, I think I love you." I smiled and leaned my head back against his shoulder smiling like an idiot.

"Do you love me? Please say it I'm freaking out now." I chuckled and nodded.

"I love you too, Zayn." He kissed my forehead and we stood in each other arms for a while longer.

*The Next Day*

"Calla." My eyes fluttered open only to find Zayn hovering over me. He had a huge smile on his face.

"What? Are you alright?" He nodded chuckling slightly.

"Come on wake up and get ready. I have a surprise." I pulled myself up and rubbed my eyes.