Chapter 39.

Pst, I don't know anything about Sydney actually so I'm just making up most of this. I hope it's not terrible!
--------------------

"Calla, we're getting ready to land." I pulled my headphones out of my ears and looked toward Leon. He looked exhausted.
"Are you okay?" I asked chuckling lightly. He nodded and pushed his blonde hair up and away from his face.
"Yeah, I'm just tired. I didn't sleep that much last night." I frowned.
"Why not?" He shrugged. I stared at him for a moment and then he sighed.
"I think I found something." My eyes widened.
"Something about Zayn?" He nodded looked up at the seatbelt sign that had just turned on. He pulled his seatbelt over his lap and latched it. He stared up at it for a moment finally looked back toward me.
"I didn't want to tell you back home because you would've stayed." The plane shuddered as we began to descend toward the landing strip.
"How could you not tell me!"
"Calla, not here. I'll tell you everything in the cab." I shook my head and turned to look toward the window.

We dragged out luggage toward the front of the airport to call a cab. Once inside the cab, Leon looked toward me. I frowned at him and he sighed.
"Look, you can be pissed off, I don't care. You need this and we aren't going to let you throw it away, Calla." My frown softened but didn't disappear. "We will find him but you need to focus on work, okay?" I looked back toward him and nodded.
"You're right." He nodded and gave me a small reassuring smile. I sat quiet for a while trying to make myself believe what he said. I needed this and I shouldn't throw it away but I needed Zayn too. I can't throw any chances of finding him away.
"So, what did you find?" I asked looking back at Leon. He pulled his cell phone out and showed me a set of numbers. "Okay? What are they?" I asked.
"The coordinates of the last place I could find any trace of his phone." I looked up at him with wide eyes.
"So you know where he is?" He shook his head and my heart sank.
"No, not exactly. The trace went out right in the middle of this town and there's dozens of warehouses. He could be in anyone of the warehouses in that town."
"Okay, so you know the general area he's in!" A smile crept on my lips.
"We can go find him when we get back!" Leon's brows furrowed and he shook his head.
"No, Calla, you aren't listening what I'm saying. Yes, we do know the town he is in but he could be anywhere." I shook my head.
"When I was talking to him he was already pulling up to the warehouse. The trace should be right near the ware house."
"The trace went out a few minutes before you answered his call." The cab stopped and the driver told us the amount we needed to pay. We got out and began getting our bags out of the trunk.
"Harry is smart, he probably used a jammer or something. We will figure all of this out when we get back." I nodded and we walked into the hotel. We walked to the front desk and a older man with brown hair smiled toward me.
"Do you have a reservation?" He asked with a thick accent hanging from his words.
"It should be under Dawson." He began typing and then nodded.
"Yes, you're in room 164." He paused and turned to get the key. "It's the sixth floor. Enjoy your stay." I took the keys from him and we walked toward the elevator.
"They still use keys." I muttered as we got into the elevator. "That's so cool." I stated turning it over in my palm. Leon smiled toward me and then turned to push the button for the sixth floor. After a moment, the doors opened with a slight groan and we walked out. We followed the hall until we came to our room. I slid the key into the slot and pushed the door open. The smell of lavender and vanilla engulfed me as I walked in and threw my bags down near the closet. The walls were a vibrant yellow and the floors were a carpeted design of yellow, red, and grey. I walked toward the balcony and pushed the door open. A cool breeze hit my body as I walked out. I leaned against the railing and stared out over the city.
"It's beautiful." I muttered when I felt Leon walk out behind me.
"It is." He agreed and came to stand next to me. We stood there for a while before Leon's voice chased away the comfortable silence.
"Are you excited for tomorrow, Cal?" I nodded and smiled toward him.
"It's my first job, I'm more scared than excited, but yes." He chuckled lightly and I pushed myself up and away from the cold railing.
"Did you call Aspen?" Leon shook his head and I walked back into the room, my feet sinking into the soft carpet. I pulled my phone out of my leather bag and sent Aspen a quick message saying we had arrived.
"So what do we do now?" I asked laying back on the oversized bed. He shrugged and slipped his jacket off his shoulders before tossing it onto his bed parallel to mine.
"Well, I'm going to take a shower. We could watch a movie or something?" I nodded and he stalked off toward the bathroom. I pulled my camera from my bag and turned it on. The last pictures were a few practice shots I had captured in the forest the day before leaving. I flipped through them and then quickly stopped. My breathe hitched as I stared down at a photo of me and Zayn. It was from my birthday party, the day he left. We were both laughing, my arms were wrapped around his neck. The next picture was all of us on the couch, excluding Leon who must have been taking pictures. Aspen was on Percy's lap with her head resting on his shoulder and my hand was in Zayn's as I focused on the movie. My eyes filled with tears as I looked through the various other photos. I stopped on one of Zayn holding my present in his hands, he was smiling toward the camera. Tears slid down my cheeks as a I stared at it. He looked so happy. I don't know how long I stared at it, but before I knew it, Leon was standing in the bathroom door staring at me with a confused look.
"Calla?" He ran the white towel over his hair and then threw it on his bed as he walked toward me. "What's wrong?" He asked softly.
"You took these?" I asked showing him the photo of Zayn. His mouth fell open slightly as he stared at it.
"I thought you knew about them." I shook my head and looked back at the photo.
"They're really good." I whispered trying to stop anymore tears from falling. He reached for the camera and set it down beside me. He pulled me into his bare chest and I laid my head onto his semi wet shoulder.
"What if we never find him, Leon?" My voice cracked and a sob escaped my lips.
"Hey, don't you dare think like that." His voice was soft and soothing. "I told you we would find him, Cal." I took a deep breath and wrapped my arms loosely around him. I could hear the doubt in his voice, like he knew we might not find him. He held me until I stopped crying and then even for a while after that. We he finally pulled back, he wore a light smile. He pushed some hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear.
"Why don't you go take a hot bath? It will calm your nerves, Cal." I nodded and wiped the wetness on my cheeks away with the back of my hand. He smiled at me again before turning and walking toward his bag. He pulled out a set of clothes as I climbed off the bed and walked into the bathroom.The tile beneath my feet was warm and steam still lingered in the air. The smell of cucumber filled my nose as I walked toward the bath tub. I turned the hot water all the way on and waited for the tub to fill. Once it had filled, I stripped my clothes off and stepped into the hot water. I groaned lightly as I slid further into the water, my body instantly feeling better. The steam rose up and around me and I reached for the soap bottle on the edge on the tube. Cucumber melon. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the tiled wall.
I stayed in the water until it went cold and then I stepped out and drained the tub. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked toward the bathroom door. I pulled it half open and glanced toward Leon. He was asleep on his stomach, a soft snore escape his lips every few seconds. I walked to my bag and pulled out a pair of underwear and one of Zayn's shirt I recently had been wearing to bed. I walked back into the bathroom and quickly slipped on the clothes.
I pulled myself into the blankets and set my alarm. I turned and stared at the lights of the city until my eyelids closed and I was sleeping.
~~~
A soft music flooded into the room pulling me out of my slumber. I sat up and reached for my phone, quickly turning off the alarm. I looked to Leon who had managed to use his towel as a blanket. I smiled to myself and walked toward him. I shook his shoulder lightly until his eyes opened and focused on me.
"Come on, we've got to get ready." He groaned and sat up in the bed. He frowned down at the towel and then tossed it on the floor.
"How did you sleep?" He questioned pushing his blonde hair out of his face. I nodded slightly and looked back at him.
"Really good actually, I didn't have any dreams." He raised a brow toward me before yawning.
"Well, that's good." I nodded and smiled.
"It's was nice, I feel refreshed." He rolled his eyes and climbed out of the bed. "What?" I asked walking toward my bag that was still laying on the floor. He shook his head and chuckled before disappearing behind the bathroom door.

"Leon!" I whined as he came back out of the bathroom.
"What's wrong?" He asked looking down to me.
"I don't know what to wear." I mumbled staring at the outfit I had already pulled out of my bag. He was quiet for a moment, putting his hand on his chin to think.
"Wear the jeans with the white shirt and that blue sweater thing." He stared down at the clothes for a moment longer. "And you're white converse." I nodded and quickly walked into the bathroom to shower.

After I was finally ready, we called a cab and set off toward the fashion show venue. I was excited that Leon had the opportunity to go with me to take photos, without him I'd probably be very lost and mess everything up.
"So, what do we have planned for tomorrow?" I tore my eyes from the scenery outside and looked at Leon. I shrugged lightly and looked back out the window.
"I don't know, what do you want to do?" He was quiet for a moment.
"We could go to the beach. Manly Beach is supposed to be incredible." I raised my brow toward him.
"The beach? Won't the long term exposure to the sun hurt us?" Leon rolled his eyes.
"Calla, you watched way to many movies before this. We'll be perfectly fine, if anything we will get tan, and we both need a little color. So, what do you say?" I nodded and then bit my lip.
"I don't have a swim suit." He rolled his eyes.
"Calla, we can go buy one. Quit worrying so much, relax. Go with it!" I nodded grinning and pulled my camera from my bag.
"Are you ready?" I nodded slowly and took my bottom lip between my teeth.
"As ready as I'll ever be." He chuckled and the car came to a halt as we arrived at the venue.

-----------------------------------------
Hey, everyone! I'm terribly sorry for the wait! I've had so much going on that I haven't had time to update. My sister had her baby last night and I've been helping her get ready and such! I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will hopefully update very soon!
The end is coming, not for a few more chapters, but it is coming very soon!
-mikayla jane