Chapter 3

Aspen and Zayn were still sitting at the island when I went downstairs to take a shower. I grabbed some clothes out of one of the bags on the floor and went into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got out. I dried my hair and did my makeup, trying my best to cover the bruise on my face. Once I was finished I went upstairs looking for Aspen. I finally found her upstairs in her room packing.

"So when are you leaving?" I asked falling backwards onto her bed.

"In an hour or so" She said pulling some things out of her dresser and stuffing them into her suitcase.

"What? When you said you were leaving I didn't think you meant today." She chuckled and zipped up her suitcase.

"I'll be back before you know it." I groaned and rolled onto my back.

"What about him?" I asked glancing toward her. "I don't even know him."

"You're acting like he's going to kill you once we leave. He's a nice guy. Get to know him. Go to a movie or something tonight. Hang out." Percy came into the room and grabbed Aspen's suitcase.

"Our plane leaves in an hour babe. We need to go if we want to get there on time." Aspen nodded and slung her purse across her shoulder.

"Do you mind grabbing that other bag?" Aspen asked picking up two other bags that were set next to the door. I nodded and stood up. We lugged the bags downstairs and out into the taxi. She turned toward me and smiled.

"Relax. It's only three weeks. I'll see you soon." She gave me a quick hug and climbed into the taxi. Percy came over to me and grinned glancing up at the house. I turned around to find Zayn leaning against the front door frame. I quickly turned around and looked up at Percy.

"He's a good guy once you get to know him." He turned around and began walked toward the taxi then stopped. "And Zayn, Don't burn our house down!" He called to him. Zayn chuckled and flipped him off. Percy got in the taxi and they left. I was alone with Zayn for three weeks.

~

I now sat in the movie room watching the old Fright Night and stuffing my face with popcorn. Zayn eventually wandered into the room and plopped down into one of the bean bags on the floor.

"Want some popcorn?" I asked holding the bowl in his direction. He shook his head and glanced toward me.

"Is it just me or are these bean bags really uncomfortable?" He asked getting to his feet.

"The couch is a lot better." I said scooting over to make room for him. He took a seat and started watching the movie.

"You really like the crappy horror movies don't you?" He said chuckling. I glared at him and slapped his shoulder.

"This movie is amazing. How dare you."

"Sure it is." He said leaning back. I rolled my eyes and threw a few pieces of popcorn at him. He glared at me and reached for the bowl. Before I could even pull it away the bowl was in his hands and I was being pelted with popcorn. I yelped and stood up holding my hands in front of my face. I ran out of the room slamming the door behind me. I hurried up the stairs and glanced around. I heard the door open downstairs and Zayn call my name.

"Calla. Where are you?" I bit my lip and hurried to the closet. I slipped in it and shut the door.  I soon heard him walk up the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Come out Calla. I'm not going to do anything." Yeah right. I sucked in a breathe as he made his way away from the closet. All of the sudden the house went quiet. No footsteps or anything. My eyes got wide and I hesitantly put my ear on the door. All of the sudden the door flew open and I fell out of the closet landing on my stomach.

"Found you." He whispered grinning down at me. He dumped the bowl onto my head and stepped back to look at me. I shook the popcorn out of my dark hair and suck my tongue out at him. He chuckled lightly and helped me to my feet. I brushed the rest of the popcorn off of me and slapped his shoulder.

"Thanks jerk." He shrugged and grinned slightly again.

"Shouldn't have threw it at me." I glared at him and went to slap his shoulder again. He caught my hand and pulled me toward him. I yelped as I lightly slammed into his chest. He stared into my eyes, still grinning slightly, as he interlaced his fingers with mine. His eyes moved down towards my lips, where he let them linger, before he looked back into my eyes again. I bit my lip and tore my eyes away from his. He leaned in and began making a line of kisses up my neck. He let one of my hands fall and his traveled to my butt. I pulled back and looked up at him.

"Zayn." I whispered putting my hand on his chest. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips and he leaned down towards my lips.

"Relax. I don't bite." He whispered. "Very hard at least."