💖c o n f e s s i o n💖

An annoyed huff pushed through your lips before you shoved a fork of your lunch into your mouth, chewing the food with a frown twisting your features. The school's cafeteria was as usual visited by a whole lot of students, as everyone talked, the many voices melted together into one.

Your male friend, Baekhyun, was watching you from the other side of the table with an amused smile tugging on his lips, you believed he was finding entertainment in seeing you complain about every little thing that wasn't falling into place that day, it irritated you, but obviously, Baekhyun found great satisfaction in that. For a moment you parted your lips to snap at him and wipe that infuriating grin away from his lips, and yet you let your lips close up back again when his orbs twinkled as his eyes crinkled into half-moons, his expression morphing into something foreign- you couldn't quite put a finger on it, but it was definitely softer, a genuine smile.

The new expression on Baekhyun's face made you feel slightly weird, you didn't want to know why your chest was tickling in that way, the feeling going all the way to your stomach, the fact that you didn't hate it made you feel slightly out of place. You decided to ignore it and continue doing what you were really good at; complaining.

"And then Mr.Kim just gave me detention! And I don't even deserve it!" Cheeks puffed when you remembered the unpleasant happening in the previous class, hands gesticulating in the air, enhancing the unfairness in your teacher's actions. Baekhyun let out a sudden defeated sigh as he leaned his cheek on his palm, eyeing you with disbelief, you frowned at him, confused by his actions.

"How are you so pretty even when complaining and frowning?" His eyebrows were slightly hidden by his brown hair falling softly on his forehead as he twisted them exasperatedly.

A soft shade of red painted your cheeks and your eyes widened incredulously, your heartbeat, to your dismay, fastening in your chest because of what he had just said.

"What- What are you talking about?" You muttered confusedly, not being able to control your voice when your words stumbled into a stutter. Baekhyun gave you a slightly offended expression- it wasn't wholehearted though because his lips soon returned into that beautiful smile of his as he cocked his head to the side,

"What do you mean 'what are you talking about?' isn't it obvious? I'm confessing to you."