🌻what are we?🌻

Water drops leaked from the shower even when you turned it off, your body covered in cold shivers once the steaming warmth of the water was no longer washing over your skin. The bathroom smelled like soap and the mirror was panned by the thick air. You would have never imagined that you'd ever find yourself in your classmates' bathroom, taking a shower after a sudden pour. The sky hadn't promised any rain when you and Baekhyun were walking home from a school meeting. And that's why you were now in his bathroom, reluctantly pulling one of his white t-shirts over your head. Your clothes were currently in the dryer, there had been no hope for your clothes, every piece of your outfit had gone completely drenched. 

The fabric was soft and smooth against your red fingertips, the shirt smelled like fabric softener combined with Baekhyun's own home scent. His sweats were barely slipping down your hips but you fixed the problem by doing a tight knot with the straps and folding the ends once. You'd be lying if you said the outfit didn't feel extremely cozy, in fact, you couldn't help but lift an ounce of your shirt all the way to your face, just so you could take in the absurdly good scent emanating from it again. You and Baekhyun, you didn't really know what your relationship was classified as. Best friends? For sure not, you weren't that close or intimate, but you weren't less than good friends either. Baekhyun was that kind of person that'd make you speak about yourself for hours and would end up saying nothing about himself. It gave him a mysterious vibe, feeling close to him while actually not knowing anything about him, was he doing that on purpose? You had no idea if other people were aware of it as well, all you could say that it made Baekhyun a bit less trustable.

Apart from that was the fact that he was a tiny bit more handsome than the average boys and that made you slightly nervous around him, but those weren't important details. The door handle felt cool against your palm as you twisted it gently, the slightly colder air that came from outside the bathroom made the hairs on your arms stand up. Further away was a rather tired Baekhyun, leaning his head on his arms as his damp chocolate brown hair fell with incredible elegance on his forehead- it was almost a bit too long, you noted once you took a seat next to him. The fringe covered almost his eyes, but not enough to not give you a glimpse of his long eyelashes. 

"Huuuh," You hummed quietly and leaned your cheek into your palm, you had always admitted that the boy had great looks, but had he always looked so angelic? With his eyelashes glittering under the kitchen lights, his pink lips slightly open- letting out soft breaths. The peaceful expression on his face was heartbreaking and the way his cheeks were flushed orange reminded you of aesthetic watercolors. An actual angel was sleeping next to you, who would've thought?

In the midst of taking in his endless perfections, you noticed the mole on the corner of his thumbnail and a soft smile made its way on your lips- not being able to help yourself, you nudged it with your index finger. You felt how your heart almost leaped out of your chest when Baekhyun's hand suddenly grabbed yours, giving you the biggest startle of your life. He cocked an eyebrow at the bewildered look you were sending him, how long had he been awake?

"What's with that face? You look silly," Baekhyun's voice was deep when he spoke, incredibly soothing for that part, though his words managed to get through his beautiful appearance and strike a nerve within you.

"Well excuse me if you scared the hell out of me, geez!" You complained through a pout, the male stilled a laugh while sitting up straight, your hand was still in his and you were starting to wonder why he wasn't letting go.

"Are... You going to let go or..?" Your lip got caught in your lip right after your question- for some reason you felt extremely embarrassed to ask him, and so you proceeded with looking at his reaction from under your lashes. You had no idea what you had expected from him but what he did and said next was anything but what you could ever have had in mind.

The corner of Baekhyun's lips curled into an infuriating smirk, and to your displease it made it increased his attractiveness by very much. The way his slender fingers pushed its way in between yours, escalating the hold into intertwined fingers made the butterflies flutter their wings hastily in your belly, upsetting your already trembling heart. Warm blood rushed to your cheeks when his other hand pushed your chin upwards so that you could look at him.

"Huh? But you were the one who touched me first."