❇Chapter 17❇

🏃 Ɍɸℓℓεʀβℓαδιƞϑ

I stalked my stalker from the comfort of my own home?

Was I the stalker?

But I wasn't in his neighbourhood, wherever that may be. He was in mine and I just happened to look out of the window and there he was. I didn't intend on watching him. In fact, I would have looked at anyone walking passed my house but unfortunately, "anyone" just happened to be him. Don't lie, says my ego, you like the fact the he watches you. You're intrigued by his infatuation for you. Deep down perhaps I was. I'm such an attention seeker, says my shyness.

A week into the holidays and I've been minding my own business. I've never seen him since my little stake out. You swear, I would have used binoculars to get a better view but he would have seen those through the huge indentations they would have caused in the blinds if I had to use them. Yes, I was considering using binoculars. Gosh, I was turning into a stalker because of my stalker, how the tables have turned.

He had disappeared from my sight on that day after I had seen him but when he turned off I was blinded by my next door neighbour's vibracrete wall and because of that I could no longer see him. He walked straight after taking the turn into the crescent. Perhaps, he was visiting his friend? I thought to myself.

They both walked this way that time when I thought he had been following me but the fact that he walked in the crescent was odd because his friend clearly lived in the main road unless he was visiting someone else? Perhaps I was overthinking this whole endeavor or maybe he knew the girl from my neighbourhood? He walked that way. It only adds up that, that's the other reason he was here. After all they had spoken that time in the exam room so it was clear that he knew her and I'm assuming this. I'm terrible.

Here, I am over analysing every situation, overthinking and not to mention assuming things that are clearly irrelevant and yet, I still do it. This is toxic. I'm becoming toxic and all because I'm infatuated by a boy because he was infatuated by me first. I was infatuated by his infatuation for me. My ego was clearly enjoying this but my shyness was terrified. This was basically a case of that vine... "He looks at me, I look at him, he looks at me and I look at him."

This is what happens and now I'm watching him but at least I wasn't jealous that he was friends with the girl from my neighbourhood, that is assuming he was even though he was talking to her as I recall when my exam was over and we had to go home during exam week. Honestly, I'd like to forget about that. Not because they were talking, no, but because it was holiday and I'm going back to thinking about exam week which is something I'd prefer not to think about. At least not now. I'm supposed to be relaxing not stressing about my results.

Thinking back to that even though I don't want to and minus the exam I wrote, that was the day she took my bag. He had a paper on him and I hope for the love of Pete he hadn't taken down my number but what confused me was why on earth would the girl from my neighbourhood want to help him get my number if that is even what they were doing?

This was also an assumption from my observations and even if he was trying to get my number, why didn't I want him to? I mean, I kind of liked him but I'm so confused with myself, honestly. It's like I found him attractive but at the same time I found him creepy, if that makes any sense? Maybe they were planning on pranking me for all I know? I'm overthinking way too much into this.

Other than all these doubts, thoughts and my constant need to kill my brain in a nuclear explosion of overthinking I had moved on from my stalkerish tendencies of feeling like a stalker, even though I was in my own home, to minding my own business. The fact that he was in my neighbourhood as it was, was none of my business and so I left it. I was no longer going to think about that and instead I was going to relax. Today was a perfect day just for that. A perfect day to relax.

The sun was out, the clouds wispy some even fluffy like cotton candy yet, you could still see the blue of the sky as they drifted apart leaving huge gaps between each other and rays of sunlight. It was a wonderful sight to see and no wind, the weather was perfect and the birds were singing their usual tune as they did every morning. Yes, today was a perfect day indeed and what better way to relax and get your mind off things than to go rollerblading.

The road in front of the house was completely abandoned on this fine day. Not one person or car on it since all the neighbours were either still working, at the mall or at the beach. This was the perfect opportunity for a cruise on my skates. It would be fun. Everybody's out so no one would see me. I thought.

Rollerblading was one of my favourite things to do but I loved ice skating. I actually wanted a pair of ice skates for my birthday but instead my parents got me rollerblades because they said they couldn't take me to the ice rink all the time and it would be a waste of money but with the rollerbades I can skate outside anytime I want considering that you don't need ice to rollerblade and you don't pay for the road.

The first time I got my rollerblades I was already a pro. Okay, not actually I mean, I can't skate between cones or backwards for that matter but I'll tell you one thing, I never fell once since I got them and I still never fell to this very day. Skating just came to me naturally. It was an instinct. Like my feet just knew what to do but unfortunately, I couldn't do any tricks. If I could that would have been awesome.

I never told anyone I rollerbladed though. Most people thought I wasn't sporty and honestly speaking I wasn't but this was the exception to the rule. I was a nerd sure, perhaps not in my studies, with being a homebody yes, playing video games yes, and reading comics and manga but I wasn't one that didn't go outside. I did enjoy the outdoors and I wasn't on my phone the whole time like most teenagers were portrayed.

Looking out the window I saw the sun's rays hit the green of the lawn in front of the house. I got my skates, I was ready. I took them with me, told my mom I was going outside and next thing you know I was on the road feeling the breeze in my hair. Perfect, the cool breeze hitting your skin on this hot day. Wind in your hair as you cruised down the road and not a care in the world. I'd say today was the perfect day that is... until I saw him.

Great, just great.

He was walking in the main road that turned into the crescent I was skating in and I practically hopped onto the lawn of my house when I saw him. He was quite a distance away but he was looking at me, of course he was and I had a shorts on. Great, he saw my legs too.

"Hi..." I heard him say from the stop sign. I caught his eyes looking at my legs. Damn it. I was shaking for some reason and I don't know why? It's like I couldn't control my legs. I just waved back and said... "Hi!" back but it came out in more of a whisper due to shock and intimidation. I doubt he even heard me. I really needed to get myself together.

He walked on after he greeted me and I decided to go inside instead because I felt awkward and a bit uncomfortable. I know I wasn't naked but I felt weird with seeing him looking at my legs before he greeted me. Yeah sure my shorts weren't that short. I detested super short, shorts I mean, they were beyond revealing but even though my shorts weren't that short I still felt odd.

He greeted me?

To be continued...

************************************

💜Author's Note

Thanks for the 1K reads! Don't forget to vote or comment. I hope the story is good. Also this was from my own experience and odd peculiar thoughts that tended to bombard my brain.

Don't forget that comments and votes are welcome as it helps writers like myself and others write better. You are allowed to speak your mind.

Anyway thanks for reading...

See you in the next update...

Your Author JNW

👁 Read

⭐ Vote

🗨 Comment

😍 Enjoy...