❇Chapter 11❇

🌬🅕🅐🅘🅝🅣

I was in a rush. I could already hear the bell ringing from my house. I lived near to my high school so what did you expect. I looked at the clock on the microwave. It read 8:00 and I still hadn't gotten to tying my hair up although I was already in my school uniform.

Looks like I was going to have to miss out on breakfast today (because I'm a masochist who likes starving herself). No of course I'm not. I was late and in a hurry so I did what I had to and sadly that meant I had to miss out on my first meal for the day. R. I. P. breakfast.

Thinking back now... that was probably a bad move. You see on that day I was *cough* *cough* "sick" so I had to take meds. Bad idea. I repeat NEVER, never take medication on an empty stomach. You'll live to regret it afterwards. I know I sure did. I also know that I shouldn't have done this but I was late and desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm not stupid (Doctor who might be reading this?) (a very low chance of that though) I had been warned about this but I just did it anyway. I guess, I thought I was invincible. That backfired.

Back to what happened...

My mom drove me to school as usual. I never walked in the mornings although that girl from my neighbourhood did, but she left her house super early and I wasn't prepared to be at school an extra 20 minutes before the bell rang.

Honestly, I didn't know what to do in that time or where my friends hung out in the mornings so I just made sure to come to school as soon as the bell went off and that way I'd avoid the lost feeling of "where the heck are my friends and why are the seniors looking at me?"

You see, when you with your friends it's cool and all, nobody messes with you but when you're alone you can't help but feel like a lost lamb, I said lamb because I felt smaller than a sheep, that not to mention was probably surrounded by a pack of wolves or foxes but I think wolves sounds better, although I will tell you that the seniors can be pretty sly at times which was a common trait that resembled that of a fox but considering that they looked like they wanted to eat me most of the time (especially the boys) or maybe I'm just imagining things, I think wolves suits that description much better.

Yes, I was a timid little thing and of course I was trying to avoid having a heart attack before I reached the age of 15. Coming to school a little late was my way of avoiding that heart attack and not to mention the anxiety that follows (this isn't self diagnosis though).

It was also my way of avoiding senior boys who thought that they could intimidate me due to the fact that I was alone and also because for some reason they thought that the 8th graders were naive enough to fall for their charm of "I'm an older guy and I would like to date you" and the cliché thing most girls said "oh my gosh a senior is interested in me."

Mmm? I wonder why? Maybe it's not so much you he is interested in. Maybe, just maybe it is something else. I'm not going to mention what that something else is though. If you clever enough I'm pretty sure everyone should know what that is unless you skipped out on it in biology. (That's a dead giveaway).

If you ask me seniors were like freaken predators. Not all of them though, just some. This being the main reason I turned down that guy who asked me to prom. We had been warned about this though. You see when you enter high school as a "new student" all the people who were there previously are old news but you, you're new. It's like you're a new toy well, for some, that is until a new batch comes along and then they the centre of attention but for now as long as you're an 8th grader you're in the lime light.

I wasn't dumb enough to fall for that "oh, he's a senior and he wants to date me" crap though. I was just Reject, Reject, Reject. I don't care how handsome you are... Rejected. That was me, pretty much. Some guys weren't handsome at all though and others were so, so and then there were good looking ones but one look and you already knew nah, major player pheromones are flying my way. Yep, that guy's all looks but he's just in the game for himself not that this should be a game I mean, heck I was only 14 but would you rather be clued up with this things or not?