❇Chapter 16❇

🕶 ᏕᎿᎯᏝᏦᎨᏁᎶ ᎷᎽ ᏕᎿᎯᏝᏦᎬᏒ?

I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes. Today was going to be a good day. Well, at least that's what I told myself. The year had flown by so fast (also due to my time skipping) but nonetheless we were here or at least I was. It was holiday and not just any holiday, December holidays and not to mention summer. It's summer! (Picture Olaf from Frozen saying that).

I got up because it's not like I had a choice. The sun was practically begging me not to sleep and I was contemplating throwing my pillow on my head and suffocating myself just for a few more minutes of sleep. Did I continue sleeping though? No, as I said I got up with a yawn, a stretch, a couple of bones cracking and a sigh. No, I didn't drawl on my pillow but my hair was a mess. Usually, I have a side path but my path was all over the show this morning... it was like a zig zag pattern but just on my head.

I used to have a middle path at one point in my life but I stopped when people told be it looked like a Bible or an open book on my head. I don't know how that is possible though, when my head is round but okay. I also got bored of having the middle path due to the fact that I had that style since I was a kid and mainly thanks to my dad who when I was young used to do my hair.

Yes, my dad used to do my hair for me. He would often brush it for me and make a middle path because as he said... "it made me look neat" and then tie it up. Yes, he knew how pompoms or hair ties work and yet, people always generalise and say that men don't know how to tie the hair of their daughters. My mom was working most of the time back then so that's why he took it upon himself to help me get ready for school since he worked shifts so he was at home during the day when my mom was already at work and couldn't help me.

The only thing my dad couldn't do back then was plat my hair. He didn't know how to do that. I was a kid back then so styling wasn't really an issue until I got older and I started tying and styling my own hair to my liking. I used to stick to a middle path as well but I changed that when I started high school and I cut myself bangs with the help of a hair dresser of course. I'm a terrible hair cutter, okay. I'd destroy my hair if I cut it myself.

Back to this morning...

I was still tired and still yawning as I walked to the kitchen with my hand in front of my mouth and another lazy yawn escaping my lips. I heard voices coming from outside but I didn't bother to look through the blinds that was slightly open, with rays of light shining in, as I entered the kitchen. Instead, I just headed straight toward the kettle, picked it up and poured out the old water in the sink.

I added the fresh water from the tap, waited for it to fill up and then I placed it back in its original spot. Switching on the plug I heard a bubbling sound start as the water began to heat up and boil. I yawned momentarily and my eyes to my dismay were still a little closed even though I had rubbed them when I woke up.

My dad wasn't in the kitchen yet, he was probably outside washing the car if I know him but I was grateful he was outside, though. If he had to be in the kitchen when I got there, he would have probably given me a lecture about making up my bed before making myself breakfast. My dad's a neat freak so, and I'm guessing he would have probably made me brush my teeth too but I always start with breakfast first before anything else. Is that wrong? Am I supposed to brush my teeth first before I have breakfast?

What is the order for doing these things? Am I a crab? My dad always said I did things back to front so he compared me to a crab because of the fact that crabs walk sideways and he couldn't think of another animal that walks backwards. Yeah, I guess I'm a crab then but this crab needs food. Breakfast was my first meal of the day and I woke up with an empty stomach (then again everyone probably does) but a few minutes to do something else is a lot for me if I want to eat now.