❇Chapter 1❇

🌸 ғ̶ɪ̶ʀ̶s̶ᴛ ᴅ̶ᴀ̶ʏ

It was the first day of school and by that I mean my new high school. I could feel the anxiety rushing through my veins as I walked up the steps to head into the building. I was wearing my new school uniform which was completely different to my old school uniform that used to be blue. I admit I hated this new colour but it didn't look all that bad on me.

Going up the steps I could see the school quad coming into view as the area was suffocated with tons of students. The principal stood on the mini stage with a mic in hand.

I glanced over my shoulder slightly looking behind me as I saw that girl from my neighbourhood walk to her group of friends as I stood there on my own, in the centre of the quad. I felt a little isolated but then again I never knew anyone here. That girl from my neighbourhood I knew but she wasn't really a friend, in fact she was more of an acquaintance but we were on good? terms however, I still chose to keep my distance. For me I felt it was better that way. You know, the less people know about you the better.

"Get in your class lines." The principal announced as I looked at the class number on the slip in my hand.

|Class 8e 2|

Was written on the slip.

"Which line is this?" I asked almost every person at the back of each line as I showed them the slip of paper to which most of them replied... "not this one." Honestly, I don't know where this courage came from but I guess I must have gulped my fear down?

"It's this one." Said the girl who lived in my neighbourhood as I went to stand behind her. Obviously, this meant we were in the same class. Her long hair was in a high ponytail reaching down to her waist where as for me, I had short hair and my ponytail only reached down to my neck.

The wind blew a bit as I felt my side bangs fly against the side of my face. The whole school just stood there like a flock of sheep. It was so overcrowded and stuffed that I suddenly felt claustrophobic. I mean, so many people in one area, it was really overwhelming especially when you're a timid girl who doesn't interact much with people.

I looked up once I managed to squeeze into the line, my eyes landing on the principal as her electrocuted like hair blew in the wind. I maintained a closed lip smile. She looked like a wreck. I wonder if she did get shocked before she walked on the stage, I thought to myself as I contained my laughter.

She began talking into the mic and honestly, I heard nothing. The lady was bearly audible over the sound of talking and murmuring students, not even noticing that she was trying to get their attention.

I however, was still observing her because it's not like I knew anyone, other than the girl in front of me, who I'd actually want to start a conversation with and also because I was well disciplined, unlike some people. Now just for your information... that doesn't mean I'm a Goody two shoes. I have my fun now and then but I do admit that I do not participate when it comes to illegal activities. That doesn't make me a none fun loving person that just means I haven't broken the law, the school law maybe, but not the actual police, put you in custody, one.

"Quiet!" I heard the principal shout into the microphone as the crowd began to simmer down and face the front. I broke out of my thoughts but it's not like she gave me a choice, that loud scream was enough to hurt my ears and blind me as well. I swear her loud "quiet" nearly shattered my glasses.

Once she had finally caught everybody's attention, she spoke on about the school rules and some other stuff which was quite frankly too boring to write about. All I heard was the school rules and after that I zoned out. I looked at her lips, they were moving as she talked into the mic but there was no sound, nothing. I blinked a couple of times before I heard her voice finally come back.

"You may go to your classes." Finally I thought it would never end.

I waited a bit and after a few minutes our class finally began to walk off.

"A few minutes later..."

I followed my class line with the teacher not too far ahead of us in the front as we approached our homeroom class.

"I'm your teacher Mrs Dollie." The teacher announced as she stood in front of the class once we were in the classroom. "And I'll be your homeroom teacher for this year."

To be continued...

************************************

👁 Read

⭐ Vote

🗨 Comment

😍 Enjoy...