ACT TWENTY-FOUR : The 'Fangirl'

HINIHINTAY pa rin ni Mark ang sagot ng kausap. The only thing he could hear is the deafening silence from the other line.

                *putting Andie's phone away from his ear, gazing at it with a quizzical look*

                Is she still there?

                Why is she not answering me back? *raises eyebrows*

                Takip-takip pala ni Kate ang mouthpiece ng kanyang cellphone habang pigil na pigil sa napipintong pagtili. Hindi talaga siya pwedeng magkamali sa boses na kanyang narinig; the familiar voice that she heeded and currently heeding is and indeed, from one of the members of the Irish boyband she loved and still loving for almost 14 years. Ngunit kahit nakakasiguro ang puso niya ay agad naman itong sasanggahin ng kanyang isipan.

                Nga naman. Although my gut feeling tells me that it's Mark's voice but, it's far too impossible that it's really him.

                *thumps her chin while wondering; trying to weigh-in the possibilities but to no avail*

                Hindi talaga eh. Sobrang imposible kasi he said that he's Patrick. He's my best friend's boyfriend.

                Teka...

                *an idea suddenly pings inside her mind*

                Patrick... Paddy...

                Ah, right! Right! *nods with sudden realization*

                Patuloy pa ring naghe-"Hello!" at "Are you still there?" si Mark nang biglang sumagot muli ang dalaga.

                                "H-Hello? Hi! Y-Yes, I'm still here, I'm sorry. Well, n-nice to meet you *pauses* ---P-P-Patrick, right?"

                                "Y-Yeah! Uh, my name's Patrick. And you're----?"

                                "K-K-Kate! I-I'm Katherine by the way but you can call me Kate. I'm Andie's mate--- wait, scrap that. I mean, I'm Andie's BFF!" She continued very ecstatically.

                                "Oh! *smiles* N-Nice to meet you----"

                *Mark suddenly freezes*

                Hold on a minute...

                Kate... Kate...

                *his blue eyes widens; realization suddenly daunts him*

                F***!!! *screams inside his head*

                Kate... Kate is Andie's mate who is a massive fan of WESTLIFE! ARGH!!! *bites his fist in total shocked and fear*

                C'mon, Marky! What to do, what to do, what to do??? There's a fecking big chance that Kate WILL ABSOLUTELY recognize you!

                God please, not now – I mean, NOT NOW! *closes his eyes in fear*

                I'm not, I-I'm not ready yet.