ACT TWENTY-TWO: Make Love with Me

"CHEERS!"

A loud, resounding clink from glasses roars from the three men sitting in a particular table, followed by a loud jeer afterwards. Dave chugs a big glass of lager shandy with frustration written all over his face. Halos nangalahati ang laman ng kanyang baso bago niya ito tinigilan.

"Whoa! Easy mate! What's up?"

He took a deep breath while closing his eyes, tila sinusubukan niyang ibsan ang tama ng alkohol na siyang biglang umakyat sa kanyang sintido.

"Nah! I'm fine, Matt! I'm absolutely fine."

"Is this about Andie again, Dave?" Tanong ng isang kasamahan ng binata na nagngangalang Gibson.

Muling iminulat ng binata ang mga mata at saka itinuon ang pansin sa kanyang baso. Ininom niyang muli ang natitirang laman nito kaya't agad namang nahulaan ng isa pang kaibigan na si Matthew ang dinadalang problema.

"Right, I knew it! *rolls eyes* It's all about Andie again, eh? I thought she's with someone else now?"

He let out a huge, frustrating sigh before he continues.

"Yes, she's been seeing that prick named Patrick for weeks now. All my chances have gone into waste because of that, that twat!"

"Well, it's been pretty obvious that she didn't fancy you and only sees you as her brother. And besides, she already made it clear to you about her feelings in the first place and yet, you still pursue her. You know what dude, forget about her and snog someone tonight! Stop wasting your time because she's in a relationship already!"

Kasalukuyang nasa loob ang mga ito ng Thistle Hotel along New Road in Milnathort. They're having a few pints to celebrate Dave's move to Edinburgh.

"I love her, Matt. I love Andie so, so much and--- a-and I just couldn't let her go like that! I've been asking her to go out with me for a year to show how serious I really am for her. But no, she totally ignored my feelings for her. She doesn't want me to be her boyfriend which utterly frustrates me more."

Another pint of lager shandy is brought by their table. He grabs the pint and took a big chug from it.

"Yeah right!" Matthew scoffs. "You love her but she doesn't love you. What's the point of chasing after her anyway? She's been sleeping with that Patrick for almost two months now."

Matthew and Gibson sniggers in a very wicked, nefarious tone na tipong may nais ipakahulugan ang mga ito. Lalong ikinadingas ng frustration na nararamdaman ni Dave ang huling sinabi maging ang naging pagngisi ng dalawa kaya't hindi niya maiwasan ang sobrang manibugho.

"That's exactly my point why I'm so frustrated, lads!" He slammed the table in a very irked manner. "I'm the first on the queue, you know! I'm the f***ing first on the line but that bastard overtook me and took Andie away from me. I'm the one who should be on his place. I'm supposed to be with her, living and taking good care of her! She's mine and only mine but – ugh!"

Tinungga ni Matthew ang lager mula sa kanyang baso.

"C'mon, Dave. You really have to forget her, okay? Much better if you snog with some ladies out there."