IF... we take things back in time

"I have my reason, wanting to talk to you" mumbled Terry while stopping at the red traffic light "But, what about you?"

Diandra was fidgeting in the passenger seat.

Terry did not seem like the type to be easily fooled by or made peace with. Being straight forward was probably the best thing to do at the moment.

"I can see it" mumbled Diandra after seizing her resolution.

"Huh? What?"

"I said, I can see it. That pale blue humanoid on your side"

Terry stepped on the pedal and the car started to move again. He kinda saw that one coming, but still did not think that this plain girl actually had the gal to be squared with him.

"Hmm, so you can see this guy, huh" mumbled him while accelerating the gear "Well, this guy called Nero, though"

Hi nee~ Nero ne-- Who you nee~

"H-- hi!" A high-pitched sound came through from her surprised lungs "I-- I Diandra!"

Hee~ Dia-- ndra ne~

Nero started to get closer to her and nuzzled all over her, from head to shoulder. The act startled her big time, but, she tried to keep her composure intact.

Dia ne-- Dia-- Tastyyyy neee~ 

The version mumbled incoherently while opening its mouth wide and baring its pointy teeth.

"Nero, stop it!" halted Terry as his version trying to tackle Diandra's side face.

At this moment, the poor woman could only close her eyes and left what would happen next to fate.

Nero, notably irritated, glanced at Terry and wished to raise a protest. However, its container's death stares forced it to be reign under.

Nero had no choice but slithered back to Terry's shoulder and lurked behind him while looking at her with a starved glares.

Terry glanced at her, now trembling and crouching so close to the car's door, an action which seemed to hope that the seat would hide her in.

A rare smile alighted in his face. The sight before him charmed the frigid man for a brief moment.

He extended his free arm and started caressing the scared little animal's pinkish cheek.

The sensation of another skin touching her facial surface, startled her a little bit.

She opened one of her eyes, tried to take a peek whether the danger has passed by.

No more version in sight, instead, long fingers which were well moisturised currently pressing again her ample cheek.

"Uhh, Terry, I-- "

"Oh, sorry. Did I make you uncomfortable?" mumbled him while pulling his fingers off her skin "I meant to calm you down since you look so frightened. Does it work?"

"No-- umm, yes! Ugh. That's not it!"

What the heck was that inconsistent way of speaking, baka! Get a grip of your freakin' self. Remember why you're doing this in the first place!

"Terry! Thing is I don't know much about that scary looking being! And I-- " choked on her own words, she now started coughing on repeat.

Terry reached to mineral water bottle he always readied on the car's dashboard and offered it to her.