IF... it was that easy. Tch!

I took a step out of the office building. The cold wind came bursting at me. I tighten my grip around my arms. It was only a few steps away from the front door and I already regretting my decision.

"Brrr... I will surely catch a cold"

There was a convenience store ahead. It was within walking distance and surely -- as its name suggested -- convenient for people who need a quick break like me. I took a peek at my digital clock. Ten past eleven.

Still couple of hours from lunch time, huh?!

While heading toward the store which seemed to be awfully crowded today, my mind wandered to the several minutes before.

That voice. What was that, really. It sounded just like mine. However, I was pretty sure that I was not self-talking at the moment. 

I admitted I was a little bit wild-minded during my childhood. Yet, again, it was my twenty-sh we were talking about. I was past the imaginary-friend-phase long ago.

"Geez, all these thinking exhaust me" mumbled me while scratching on my head which was not itchy at all "Is this the result of taking Ms. AM's deals in regular basis? Let's just say, it is" 

After came into term with all the thoughts and blamed it all to my superior, I felt my headache was lifted a bit. I said hello to the barista and asked for a regular cup of Americano.

She asked whether I would like to add sugar or milk in it. I returned the question with a head-shake and a smile. One as bitter as the Americano offered to me.

As I held a paper-cup in my right hand and small change in my left, my eyes scanning through every corner of the store. There, I found one. I marched toward the one spot near the window and claimed it.

I looked at the road ahead me through the glass window in front of me. Busy people, busy road. I wondered if there was a word "rest" in their dictionary. I chuckled at my own thought. I should have known the answer. Aren't I one of them?

I opened the lid of my paper cup. The steam came gushing at my face. It warmed me up somewhat.

The smell of the coffee relaxed my muscle head. It had that kind of effect that the sedative kind of drugs gave.

This kind of moment was quite likeable. At time like this, I could feel the luxury of solitary -- the solitary among the crowd.

Heee, solitary, isn't it? ku~ How sad it is when you don't count my company ku~

GASP!

--///--

Thank you for picking the story up. We wish your continuous support ahead too.