IF... I were stuck with you, then-- Nope!

I had had enough, honestly.

First thing in the morning was The Elite Old Hag supplementary lecture. Then, came Mr. Popular sniffing around my business for his own leisure. And as if it was not enough, the one and only office Primadonna just had to appear from thin air to complete my misery.

If this was some sort of a joke, the punch line might have been around the corner by now. Hah!

I could see myself snorted on my own misfortune. I was either able to see it from a different light or had gotten used to it. I feared the latter would be the case.

I did not mind her getting all bubbly and squeaky over there. However, the unnecessary side attention toward me was a whole different issue to cope with.

I am calling this off. The thought came as I stood up from my sitting position. I then rushed toward her, meanwhile, she was spouting some yada-yada-yada. 

It was only about one meter away between us when I grabbed her wrist without notice and pulled her along to my corner. In the confusion, she was made silent as obediently straddling behind me.

It had been a while actually. And some of these days I wondered why she insisted on me like some persistent home appliances sales people.

I mean, you've got people queuing to get your attention. Even so--

"Wh- what?!" She hissed at me. Whoops. I stared a second too long, it seemed. I only muttered a word as a response "Nothing"

"Now sit here and calm yourself down" ordered me while patting her head. We had more or less the same height if we stood side by side. Hence, only when we were sitting like this that I could act the part as the mature one.

"Don't treat me like a kid" grumbled her while smacking my hand off her head. After ward, she took out her smartphone -- the one that weird-looking strap was attached to -- and began to fiddle with it. She juggled from one app to another app.

But, you are, though. My mind travelled back to the last time I met with my one and only direct relative. You literally are the same age as my kid brother. Duh! 

After making sure that she was settled, I looked back at the abandoned coffee right before me. It looked pitiful. Black, bitter, and cold.

Dang it! If I was going to have a cold drink anyway, I would just order Iced Americano back then. Yet, when push came to the shove, cold coffee was still much better than no coffee at all. Especially when I already paid for it, duh.

She seemed to notice when I chugged my drink down in one go. She was concerned about something and started fidgeting not long after. 

I looked her way from my eye-tails. Once in a while she would glance at me like she was about to say something, but then, nothing at all.

Her weird-strap flailed here and there during the process and turned out to be pretty intimidating upon closer look. An all-white humanoid with a smile -- that was more like a grin to me -- on its face. 

I put down the empty paper cup on the table, then made a short comment on her awkward attempt of conversation "Stop that. You're over-thinking it. Doesn't suit you"

I did not spare a time to look at her expression as I was busy with the evaluation of the ever-less satiable decisions I had been making since morning.

Taking off the lid was the worst decision I took after dragging my feet out here. What else could be worse, right?!

And right after that, this happened.

"Did-- did you casually insult me just now?!" responded her as she brought a not-so-friendly expression closer to the side of my face.

"Excusez-moi?" I responded with an accent, could not catch up with her peculiar line of thoughts.

"Just now! Those words!" repeated her "Aren't you calling me stupid ?!"

WHO IS, KID! HOW COULD MY INNOCENT CONCERN BE TWISTED INTO THAT ?! 

--///--

Thank you for picking up the story. We wish your continuous support ahead.