IF... it is closer than she thinks

"Thanks for the treat, Matt. It's a real blast"

"My pleasure. Let's hang out again sometime"

"Yeah, sure, dude" answered Jimmi while smiling happily, he was in a good mood "Alright, I'm gonna go first"

Jim then got closer to Diandra's side and asked her "Hey, it's already this late. I most likely would go straight home. What about you?"

"Let's see, I still got things to do at the office though"

"Come on, Di. You're gonna die from overwork"

"You're just too lazy"

After a while, Matthew also joined in their conversation "What is it, you guys having secret rendezvous?"

"Haha, no, nothing of the sort, man" laughed Jimmi away while moving further from Diandra "Well, that's it then, I'm leaving, guys"

Diandra and Matthew sent him off and waited till he was gone in the crowd.

"You got anything to do, after this?" asked Matthew afterwards.

"I need to go back to my office" answered Diandra while checking the time on her smartphone.

"You sure are dedicated, huh?"

"Not really. I just left some materials I need for tomorrow's presentation at my desk -- I thought today's meeting would be earlier, but yeah"

"Haha, well sorry for that"

"No-- I don't mean--"

"Yup, I know" snickered him enjoying the over-flustered Diandra. The woman in question could only give him a dirty look for his childish prank.

"Care for a ride back?"

"Eh? Where to? My office?"

"Yes, I have some business around"

Diandra seemed to be hesitant to accept his offer. She had been meaning to meet him these past few weeks, but not for this reason. She needed his library and that was all -- might be.

"Don't worry. I don't bite" teased Matthew furthermore.

"Wha-- whatever" commented Diandra while blushing over Matthew's playful tone "Hmph. OK then. Why would I pass a free ride"

"Very well" said Matthew while escorting her toward the parking area.

***

"Hey, did you see Diandra?"

"Nope. She isn't around since morning-- " answered Sherly while sorting the packages which arrived that day " --OH! She has meeting with the client from FYI. She's going there with Jim, if I'm not mistaken"

"Hm, I see. Thanks, Sher"

"Sure, Terry. Why? Need her for something?"

"Kinda. But it's fine. I'll see her later"

"Oh, need me to let her know?"

"No. You don't have to. I'll catch up with her on my own"

After reassured Sherly not to bother about it, Terry then walked toward his office room.

He had not talked to her at all after the last incident. Their work did not align that much so the probability was small to have a proper conversation. And he really felt that she was openly avoiding him.

They work at the same office. At the very least they would meet at cafeteria, main hall, or other public areas around the workplace. However, when they actually met, she brazenly run away from him.