IF... the "versions" were truly myth?!

I was never a studious person for as long as I could remember. Yet, here I was standing in front of a rack stacked with old books and literature.

My fingers slid from one cover to another cover, did not know which to choose from.

I had to stop in the middle of my ritual, as I reckoned a pile of dust had covered most of my palm.

Ew, didn't they ever clean this mess?!

I protested while glancing toward the shop keeper.

"Duh, forget it" mumbled me after seeing how old the shop keeper was. He was barely able to stay awake too.

The only company he had was a St. Bernard breed whose age was probably as equally old as the owner.

Whilst continued sliding from one rack to another rack, a literature bonded in a wood-coloured hard cover piqued my interest.

I moved it from the shelf and supported it with my two hands.

Ooof! It weights quite a bit.

I then proceed to the nearest reading space, just next to that forest of books.

I started reading and engrossing myself into its content. The more I dug deeper into it, the more my eyebrows crooked.

"Versions" -- a term I decided myself to easily identify them -- apparently went by many names. Another identity, soul, spirit, inner self and the list went a long way.

It was neither evil or good. If any, it was neutral. The environment, background, norms, value and ideals in which perceived by or exposed to the "outer shell" -- or the "self" that was visible to other human being -- were the ones that coloured "version's nature".

Moreover, even though it was always there from the beginning of all, the reality of it varied from one individual to another.

The simpler one's way of perceiving things, the weaker their "version" were.

These people thought that if things went well, they would accept it as the work of good fortune. However, if things went the other way around, they would easily blame it to bad luck.

In a situation where they were pushed beyond their limit, "version" could took up its visible form and began to tap into their reality.

"So does it mean you are taking form because I was stressed out?!"

Kukukuku your line of thinking is very simple ku~ Truly make me wonder how could I was summoned to begin with kekeke

"You do enjoy making fun of me, huh"

Anyway, what's the point of learning all this ku~ Didn't I say you just need to sync yourself with me, then we all good?!

"The more I listen to you, the more make sense what I have read just now" murmured me while letting out a disappointed sigh.

Hey, hey! What's the sigh for just now ku~ The only reason I'm suggesting a simple way out of this is just because you've been wrecking your brain way too much ku~

"We both know, I'm not the only one fussing over this, right?!" complained me whilst surfing onto another pages "Who was the one going frenzy over some mythical sites and online references?! I almost went blind because of the screen's radiation"

Urgh. Tit and tat are different ku~

Whatever it said, I could easily project our similarity. However, the more I talked to it, I realised we did have our own line of thoughts. Hence, that explained the existence of conflicts we had at times.

Hngg, maybe this is really too much for--

CREAK!

The sound of door opening echoed through the room. Footsteps which seemed to be owned by a man followed thereafter.

I could hear him greeted the shop keeper. The large dog seemed to be familiar with him as well. It woof-ed gently toward the guest.

OK! Where do I left off, hmm

Hey, are you sure, bout this? ku~ you gonna miss this one, kuu~

"What do you mean by th-- "

"Hey, you there" a deep voice called out to me from behind "I see you talking to yourself again"

Eeep! I screeched in my head while looking out who it was.

What the! It's him again?!

I have warned you ku~

When?!

Just now ku~ Your loss for not catching up ku~

While having internal debate, I put up a smile -- one I was not really proud of.

"H-- Hi! What are doing here?!" asked me bluntly, sounded rather rude too.

"Well, it's my shop so-- yeah! Do I need a reason to be here?!"

"Eh-- " I let out something that was not even a word.

He looked me in the eye and lighted up a gentle smile as the follow up.

"Yep" responded him while taking a sit across me.

"You? But, I thought that old man was the owner?"

"Oh yes, that's also true"

"Huh-- what! Wait. So if he's the owner, why did you say it's yours?!"

Pftt. He seemed trying to hold in the laughter at first, yet, it burst out after ward.

"Matt, be silence in the library!" scolded the old man. His voice was cracking but firm enough to shut a crying kid.

"Pff-- sorry Pop, will be careful next time" apologised him after. Yet no remorse was shown at all on his face.

He then glanced at me, moved his lips into motion and closed it with another smile that sent heat to my facial muscles.

"He's my grandpa, he he he"

--///--

Hey there, if you like the story don't forget to comment and vote for it. Will be very appreciated.