Eleven - Making Sense of Nonsense

Athena woke with a smile on her face and a pleasantly aching body surrounded by her lovers, she looked around her bemused, till her eyes locked with Owen's and she blushed.

"Thank you" Owen murmured softly, "Thank you for coming back for us, for holding onto your love, believing in us" he added at my questioning look.

I felt the goddess's possessive love rush through me at his words and reached out my hand to him.  "Athena's love for you all, would never change, she would never give you up, not even to save herself, I've never felt anything like it before" I tell him.

"And you, how do you feel?" he asks.

"My mind is jumbled with so much information, both hers and mine but its melding together, we are becoming one and I have no regrets, this...feels right" I finish and look at him as he nods in agreement.

"I know, strange as it seems, I feel as connected to Helios, almost as if I have been waiting for this"

"Stop talking" Kal grumbles, unwrapping himself from my side and stretching, and again I feel the blush stain my cheeks as his lean muscled body is exposed and he sits up next to me, his arm pulling me towards him and his lips claiming mine. "Good morning my love" he whispers at my wide eyed stare.

"Good morning" I whisper back.

We can hear the sounds of the camp waking up around us and I know before long the outside world will intrude and we will need to start making sense of what's happening.

Owen leans over and prods Miles and Jace, the rest of us exchanging grins at their grumbling. "Wake up" Owen growls at them whilst grinning, "We have work to do, we need to go through our parents notes, there must be something in there to help explain this" he warns them and I watch them men I can now call mine rise from around me, each of them leaning in to kiss me before getting to their feet.

Miles holding out his hand to me, to help me up, before pulling me between his and Jace's hard bodies.

"Work first, play later" Owen grumbles and we all laugh and we dress to face the day.

The camp fire was lit and a large kettle and pot hung above it, the workers from yesterday milling about as they readied food for us. I waved as each bowed to me when they saw me, before continuing with their work.

I gaze around me with new eyes in the light of day, why was I here on this island, who had put me in this temple, that had become a tomb with the wrong story at the outer access.  I mulled over in my mind if anyone could have broken the binding, was it just a case of reading the words or was there something in my lineage that made it my fate.  My intuition was telling me, I was the only one who could break the binding, and only with these men at my side, it was fated.  My grandmother had been greek and my mother had been born on the Greek isle of Andros before they had fled to England. Dad's Mother had followed them over and before long the families had joined.  I cannot remember much about my grandmothers but knew they had loved me and had been distraught when my mother had left us.

"I want to go back into the temple and see if I can see anything that would tell us who created this temple" I told Owen as we ate our breakfast.  I could see from their faces they were worried and I reached out with my emotions to touch each of them, knowing the moment they felt me.

"Thena!" Kal groans from across the fire pit.

"I will be fine, I just want another look before we start going over your parents paperwork" I tell him softly.

"I will come with you" Miles offers and I nod with a smile.

"And I!" Kal growls as Owen and Jace shake their heads at him.