Five - Deja Vu

I allowed Owen to pull me up out of the chair and lead me outside, the other followed , talking quietly between themselves, the two men had finished unloading the helicopter and were working around a fire pit preparing what looked like food.
Owen led me between the main tent and another smaller one which I presumed was the dorms and towards the hillside, his hand tightening as we got closer to the fissure in the wall. He stopped to grab a lamp, flicking it on with one hand before tugging me behind him and into the first cave.
I blinked looking at the pictures on the wall, drawn towards the story, reading it out loud as I moved closer, the others had joined us with their own lamps, making the cave brighter, I was in awe of the detail in the story before me, but something didn't feel right, I moved back to the entrance and followed the story round the room, no this was wrong, the story had been changed.
"What makes you say that?" Kal asks moving closer to me, holding the lamp up and looking at me.
"What?" I ask unsure of his question.
"You said the story was wrong, that it had been changed, why?" He repeated.
"Oh, I hadn't realised I had said that out loud" I blushed before returning my gaze to the wall.
I pointed at the image of Athena on her throne with people bowing down at her feet and worshiping her and one man standing by her side holding her hand.
"Athena was in a polyamory relationship with four other gods, she couldn't decide on one" I tell him.
Owen moves forward "where did you get that from, I've never heard anyone say that before?"
I look at him worried "sorry, ignore my ramblings, it's just my belief" I tell him.
"Lets show you further in shall we" one of the other raised his lamp showing another fissure in the cave wall, the lamp reflecting off the quartz crystals within the walls.
"Jace, lead the way, we will follow you" Owen instructed, indicating I should follow Jace, at least I knew which was which now.
The next cave was bigger and had carved columns floor to ceiling with a raised Dias in the middle, stone benches around the room and intricate carvings on the wall over flowing script.
I looked at the walls "wow, it's beautiful" I spun round, the soft light if the maps gave the room a celestial feel.
"Can you read any of it, we can't find any record of the language, hence needing an expert in Athena" Owen asked.
"It's starts here and seems to follow round the room, like the drawings in the outer cave" Miles offers , lifting the light to the first words.
Like in the first cave I look at the story around me, the words spilling into my mind as I take the lamp from him and walk around the room, reading silently as I go.
"You should leave her in peace" I say to the group when I finish my walk round and head back to the fissure wanting to leave.
Owen grabs my wrist "where are you going, what do you mean?" He growls.
I look at him and the others, they have money, what do they want from this find, why disturb her.
"Why are you here?" I question back at him "What do you get from this?"
The other close around me as I stand looking up at Owen.
"You can read it?" Kal asks.
"Maybe, it depends" I reply.
They exchange a look over my head, I am still facing Owen so don't see the others but watching his face tighten, I know they have come to a decision.
"Ten years ago our parents were all on a private cruise, there was a freak storm, the boat sank, all lives lost, since then we have lived and worked together, we were friends who became brothers through our tragedy" he paused looking again at the others before continuing.
"Our parents were amateur archeologists, they had been following some old text looking for this temple, they were cruising to this island when the storm struck, the maps and texts have been locked away since their death till two years ago when we felt the need to finish their work, we don't know what we will find but our parents died with this quest in their hearts, we need to finish it for them, we need closure"
I drew in a shaky breath and dropped my eyes from his, "yes I can read it, but it may give you more questions than answers"
Miles laughed behind me "is this some the end is just the beginning bullshit?"
I swung round to face him "yeah pretty much exactly that"
"Tell us, please, we can't make a decision without knowing what it says" Kal asks quietly.
I look between the four beautiful strong men, searching their faces for conviction that what I am about to do is the right thing. I reach out and take the lamp back from Miles and walk to the beginning of the story a feeling of deja vu hitting me and I start to translate.
"I wait for my loves, unable to choose, my spirit is broken, as scattered they move" I breath deep and take a few steps forward
"I curse at the witch, she poisons their minds, we do nothing wrong, in love we are bind" I step forward agin, the men silently watching me.
"till the world brings us home, a call we can't fight, Athena will rise and take back her pride"
"Be careful those who seek what's within, unless you are worthy, your fate will be sin, your flesh will be dust and blood will run thin" I step to the last section, feeling pulled to say the last words but fearful of what would come from them.
"I am worthy, in my name Athena, rise and claim, i am Athena shed thy blame Aperio Tempium" I felt the earth rumble beneath my feet at my last words.
"We need to get out of here" Miles barks grabbing the lamp back from me as Owen grabs my wrist pulling me towards the way out, I stumble before a blinding pain shoots through my head and I scream before falling unconscious at their feet.