Nine - Memories

We sat around the camp fire, looking into the flames as our memories surfaced and blended with our mortal thoughts.

Owen cleared his throat and we all looked at him, "I think we need to go over our parents notes, they must have known something, maybe there is a clue to what happened to them and how we..." he waved his hand at us all and we knew what he meant.  

How could normal mortals merge with the Gods and what did that make us, our Godly forms have gifts and powers that our mortals did not, not to mention as Gods we had not aged, what would happen in the mortal bodies we now inhabited.

"Athena, what happened to us, do you remember?"  

I searched my mind... "We were called to Olympus, accused of plotting.. I can't remember what, they separated us, Hades took Thantos and Eros, Poseidon took Pan and Helios, Zeus questioned me. I felt your lifeblood end, I felt them kill you, all of you and even beyond the stars I couldn't find you."

I watched the memories in my mind, rushing through like a film on fast forward "Zeus watched me search, my brothers and sisters watched me cry out for you and I promised I would make them all pay for taking you from me, I promised my love would reunite us, that one day I would be with you again..."

"I remember being forced to drink something and then I was no more, but in the nothingness I held onto my love for you, my promise to find you again", I look at the men around me "I don't know how, or why but our story has been changed, the writings in the outer temple lie and our myths are all wrong, someone has changed our destined paths"

Owen looks at me "Who would have the power to do that?"

"They would also of had the backing of a God or more that one" Kal muses, "When you mentioned Hades took me, I remembered him, taking us underground and entombing us, there had been a witch at his side, shrouded so I couldn't see her face" he turned to Miles, who shook his head "I didn't see her face, just heard chanting, I remember fighting with invisible bonds, I couldn't speak, couldn't get free" he said.

I shuddered at his words, anger pouring through me that my loves had been treated this way.

"Before earlier, my memories go only to Poseidon pulling us under the sea, the water wrapping tight around me then nothing, till now" Jace tells us, "I have my human memories of our parents researching Athena and feeling a pull to their work and to you my brothers, would the fates really play with us this way?"

Owen looks around and sighs, "We were bound by a witch, under the eye of the great three, for a reason we don't know, we will need to be very careful, you felt the power that was released when Athena was freed, if the witch still lives then she may come after us again, after you" he reached out a hand to mine. "I can't lose you again, not now we have you back" he growled, pulling me to him.

"Hel..Owen.. what do I call you?" I groan, my body on fire from being in his arms.

"We need to use our human names, it's safer, for us and you, until we know more" Kal instructs and they all nod in agreement.

"Owen, I feel torn, human me is nervous, she has no experience with men but my memories are full of us together and I need my gods to claim me again, I need to feel the connection that was ours alone" I tell him, shaking with nerves, what I want feels so wrong yet so right.

"Thena" Jace growls and my mind is transported back, my body moving from Owen's lap to kneel at Jace's feet, my head bowed, the position feeling so natural, so right.

"Not here" Miles barked and I felt Jace lift me into his arms, my eyes closing as I felt them all move around me, the swish of canvas as we enter a tent.

"Open your eyes " Kal ordered, lifting my chin "Are you sure?" 

My eyes held his and I nodded "Yes, i'm sure"

I felt the power flow between us all as they surrounded me, tiny currents of blue dancing across my skin as they slowly stripped the clothing from my body.  I knew they were giving me time to change my mind but I was Athena and I wanted my men, my human mind was open and aware and she too wanted to accept them as hers.

"Thena, our goddess" Jace growls and I kneel at their feet, whilst I am their queen, they own my love for them and I wait at their feet for them to claim me.

"Show us you're ready" Owen orders and I do, spreading my self out before them and opening my legs, my glistening core drawing their heated gaze and for one second they freeze before need wins and they claim me.