03, the first training

the first training of my brother, which i didn't watch with him. thinking about him hurts more than i thought it would. i stood behind the barrier next to the training ground, watching my brother and his teammates play a little game. in about 5 minutes, marco will come onto the pitch and play a bit with the kids. all of them were really excited and couldn't wait anymore. then, the little kids began to scream marcos name and there he was, marco reus live and in person. the last time i saw him is about a month ago, when i was waiting at the parking lot after a game. he played around with the kids and took his time to talk to every kid alone. when he talked to milan, my brother turned around and pointed at me. marco also looked at me and waved a bit. i waved back and then milan started talking again. at the end, marco played alone against all the kids and ended up not scoring a goal, because all of the kids stood in the goal. my brother came up to me and grabbed his waterbottle at first. "it was awesome! he is so cool!" was all he said and i laughed looking at him. the next time i looked up i saw marco coming towards us. "hey milan. hey lilia." he said and i just smiled at him. "i'm sorry about your breakup. scarlett and the girls miss you at the trainings." he said and looked at me. "yeah, i can't change it. and they really do?" i asked and he nodded. "maybe you can meet up with me and scarlett in the next days? scarlett would love to see you again" he said and i nodded. "okay, well, should i give you my number and you can text me when you are free?" i asked and he nodded. "yeah, scar will probably be happy and you have to see our little one again! she grew so much since the last time we saw each other" he said.

"oh look. there are scarlett and marco with the baby" the boy next to me said and pointed forward. "oh yeah. should we go and say hi?" i asked him and he nodded. the light breeze of the june blew around us and was quite warm. we approached them and marco looked at us. "oh hey brother. i thought fans are coming" marco said and laughed at the end. "nah bro, just me and lilia." my boyfriend said and i hugged scarlett. "she is so cute!" i said and looked at the baby in the stroller. "yeah, time went by so fast. she is already two and a half months old" scarlett said and the boys had their own conversation. "yeah, she already grew so much" i said and caressed the little babys cheek. she sucked on her pacifier and turned her head a bit. "she is so cuuute!" i said and my voice went a bit higher. scarlett laughed and looked at her daughter. "we have to meet up again, then you can play a bit with her and feed her." she said and i nodded. "yes, we definitely have to meet again."

"yes! the last time i saw the baby was in june, and now it's september." i said and he nodded. i gave him my number and we said our goodbyes, because my brother and i had to go now. "will you meet marco again?" he asked and i shrugged. "i don't really know. maybe." i said and he nodded. we drove home and as we entered the house, i could already smell the food my mom made.