Date

After a long day at college – seeming to be even longer due to the anticipation of seeing Matt – you'd got home dropped your books and slept. You weren't quite sure how you managed it but the lack of sleep you'd had for the past week had finally taken it's toll on you.

You'd woken, had a shower and decided to take the past hour deciding on an outfit and makeup. Not knowing where you were headed wasn't helping in the game of wrestling with your wardrobe. The nights were starting to get dark quicker and the weather was slowly becoming cold and wet.

The outfit of choice had been something not too dressed up but not casual either, praying he wasn't going to turn around and make you go swimming: you highly doubted it. When he'd text you he was outside you'd assured him you would come down and meet him wanting to stay away from the bedroom for a while. You reached the bottom floor and left the building noticing his car across the street parked up.  His eyes seemed to sparkle when he saw you standing there a shudder passing over you as you watched the leaves from the tree above his car cover the roof with a crispy orange blanket.

You smiled at him and made the effort to look both ways before strolling across the street. You walked to the passenger side and opened the door, a strange sense of butterflies starting to swarm in your gut, "hey Matty" you offered putting your bag at your feet.

"Hey gorgeous," He cooed and you noticed an air of confidence in him.

"How was work?" You smiled chewing your cheek as you turned your attention to the road.

"Hmm never as good without you," he smirked.

"Uh huh college was so much fun I had an exam it just made my week to be away from you for a day..." you rolled your eyes remembering college now, it seeming so far away after you'd fallen asleep.

"Sorry sorry I didn't know you had one, how did it go?" he fumbled feeling foolish for not asking sooner.

"I always pass, it'll be fine.." it was your turn to smirk now, "any more trouble from Mark?"

Matt's position shifted in the seat as if his name boiled his blood, "strangely enough no I think you worked quite the spell on him..."

"Oh really?" You eyed him cockily.

"Seem to have quite the effect don't you?" half of him was sorrowful for having to think of his brothers once the statement had left his mouth.

"Quite," you reinstated "So where did you have in mind? Oh and they didn't give you trouble did they...especially not-" you stopped yourself from saying it. Half to soften the blow and half because either one of his brothers fit into the statement, you cleared your throat.

"They gave me trouble...but you'd think I'm used to it by now ___," he used your nickname turning on the engine and pushing the clutch down to change gears to set off.

"You're avoiding the more important question anyways," you shrugged off the awkward tension and fixed a crease in your skirt.

"Its a surprise...and quite a drive away-"

"-can I pick some music!" you're sudden outburst caught him off guard and he smiled seeming to like how you'd been acting yourself.

"I don't know, what's your sense of music like hmm?" he teased changing the screen on his dash from a GPS map to the radio stations.

"No no, bad question...what kind of music do you like? I...like everything" you chuckled crossing your arms.

"Metalcore then?" he jested.

"If it's a long journey we could just go through my Spotify? I promise to only play one Christmas song," you grinned at him sarcastically.

"Christmas song? It's September," he moaned pulling up to a junction you were familiar with.