Fixes

It had be nearly a week since your interaction with the triplets and you were sad. You’d convinced yourself it was best to stay away. Matt was working on you at the office, trying to coax you round and out of the Ben funk you’d solidified yourself into. As much as you loved having a friend at work he wasn’t going to convince you it was a good idea to just apologise to Ben and get it over with, no matter how desperate you were to meet up with him, and Kylo for that matter, out of work.

You pressed the lift button, your palms sweating, you really didn’t want to have to go upstairs and ask but, you had no other choice, there was only so long you could convince John you were still working despite your computer being absolutely dead.

You awkwardly clutched the device between your arms, not wanting Bill, Matt or whoever else wanted their hands on the device, to have to interact with John or Janet. No, no. This was your safest option for sure.

The doors hummed open and some dolled up woman was inside, you recognised her from marketing but couldn’t recall her name. She looked you up and down before turning her snooty nose up and walking out onto your floor. Once you situated yourself in the woeful machine you pressed that dreaded floor number and took in a deep breath.

It hummed open and you walked out, hoping no one noticed you, you sincerely hoped you just blend into the back ground. You walked up to the section on the floor you needed, hoping Matt had gone to the toilet maybe, much to your dismay he hadn’t and further to you discomfort they were talking about you, “so come on Matt we all know you and ____ are…you know” you heard them talking rather loudly and stood still. Your mind was screaming and you desperately wanted to be swallowed by the ground.

You let your eyes roam across to them, the partition of the wall your saviour in that moment. They couldn’t see you.

Part of you thought it would be a good idea to just turn back and walk away, but then you remembered John, that was not the right option. The other wanted you to stay in your hidden spot and listen to what they had to say, but surely that would make you even more suspicious. It was worth a shot, you dropped to the floor placing you laptop down gently and pretending to tie your lace. No one was roaming the place and most people couldn’t see you, so unless someone had to make a dash for the lift, you were safe for the time being.

“You know?” he restated abashed by their brazenness.

“Fucking,” that was Doughnut Man and you’d wished they’d just shut up. Perhaps it was because you were practically sat on top of them right now but they were being rather loud and you really didn’t appreciate being spoke about in that way.

Matt made a very disconcerted noise before pleading his innocence which you could confirm was truthful, not that you wanted to make a guest appearance in their conversation.

“Yeah but you want to,” that was Bill now which just made your stomach churn even more, they weren’t supposed to be discussing you in that way, it wasn’t right, was this literally how most men spoke to each other, it didn’t surprise you if it was true. On reflection you imagined most girls including yourself had been the same on many occasions.

“Maybe…” he smirked as they all made approving noises.

I have to leave. Make a crawl for it. I can worm my way back over. No one will notice me. I’ll quit my job. Migrate…

Your fingers were getting knotted between your bows in your laces and suddenly you couldn’t remember how to tie them, Matt wanted to have sex with you. The same Matt you’d stared at in the lift for the past god knows how long, the same Matt who you’d wanted to have sex with the first time you’d seen his perfect face. The same Matt you’d grown to know as a good friend.