Laura turned her face stern. She didn't want to listen to this. She had decided in her mind that she would never talk about Jared's personal life again. Because simply it wasn't her place. She just barely managed to clear her head of unwanted thoughts when Jared said this. Now new thoughts would appear.

'I don't wanna hear about these things. It's not my place and it simply doesn't matter to me what you do in your life. So you don't have to tell me. It was stupid of me to confront you about this in the first place.' Laura said.

Although deep down she knew that she
wanted to know exactly what happened. She had two questions. She got answer of one. Now the one left was: if it was true that Jared fired an employee just because Alisha had told him to.

But that was what disturbing. She shouldn't have wanted to know about these things.

'You're right for the first time. You are stupid. You shouldn't judge a person just after hearing something about him.' Jared said.

Laura would've felt offended but Jared made his last comment with a trace of smile on his face. So she just kept quiet.

Her silence didn't stop Jared from talking.

'And about Miranda, I DID NOT fire her because of Alisha. She....well she..' Jared trailed off. Not finding the perfect words.

Laura snorted on her head.

'If you can't tell me then no need to.' Laura said.

It's not like I'm dying to know. Laura thought. Which is a total lie.

Jared made a face like he had come to a decision.

'Miranda had been selling inside information to Diego's father. During that time I had just taken over the company and Mr. Martinez was my biggest rival. I was looking for an excuse to fire her so that the whole company or media doesn't get wind of this. It just so happen to be that Miranda pushed Alisha and made a glass wall break on her. She was lucky that she didn't get severely injured. But she had to be taken over to the hospital. I made sure that this news doesn't get out. But still there was a rumour that Alisha got. After this incident I fired Miranda right away.' Jared said.

Laura raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

'Then why are you telling me? About Miranda being a mole.'

Jared looked her in the eyes and smiled.

'We're partners, right? We should know each other well.'

Laura gave an amused smile at his words.

Jared's eyes started twinkling with mischief.

'What do you say, partner? Now do you trust me enough to be best buddies and not quarelling crows?'

Laura looked at him and persused her lips.

'Umm..let me think....No.'

And just like that he acted of being wounded and they started laughing.

They are weird. Fighting one time and laughing the other time.

Laura smiles at the memory. She's about to start putting on makeup when her stomach rumbles. So she goes to the kitchen, makes some french fries and start eating.