Twenty Five

The only good thing about being banished to the back of the class, as far as Jimin was concerned, was the unrestricted view of Taehyung. Like a needle on a compass, his wandering gaze would skip over the rest of the students in the class and come to rest on the taller boy. Taehyung was his true north and his eyes sought him unerringly again and again. At least this way he didn't have to pretend to look somewhere else just so he wouldn't be caught staring.

Of course, it also meant he ran into other problems. Don't look at his butt. Don't look at his butt. Don't look at his- He was looking at his butt. He couldn't help it! The boy was thicc! It was just so round and firm and- Stop staring at his ass, Jimin, jeez!

After the fifth run through, his exhaustion had taken some of the shine from his excitement. His legs felt trembly and weak and the air seared in his lungs, expelled in hot puffs. He could smell the slight acetone of his breath which meant he was burning more than his body had to give.

His eyes drifted from Taehyung's broad back to Hoseok. Stormy weather. He knew that look. Something had crawled up his brother's ass and now they were all going to pay for it. He huffed at the sheer unfairness of it all, but it didn't sound much different from his regular laboured breathing. So he dug deep and kept at Hoseok's manic pace.

It wasn't until he saw Taehyung's knee buckle slightly and the resulting, dangerous roll of his ankle that his mouth moved before his brain could stop it.

"Enough! We're done!" His eyes narrowed to meet the blazing heat of his brother's glare.

"I said again." Jimin's jaw hardened and he dragged Hoseok to the corner to argue with him. As his brother Jimin was afforded a certain amount of leeway, but it didn't cover embarrassing the teacher in front of the entire class.

He couldn't believe he had to pull the mum card. Something was seriously up and Jimin figured it had something to do with his now cracked phone. He shrugged. His brother would tell him, or he wouldn't. They were close, but he knew Hoseok sheltered him from some of the more difficult aspects of supporting their small family while Mama was still sick.

Of their own accord, his feet found their way to Taehyung's side. He was one of the few brave enough to stay in the room after Hobi's outburst. Although his expression was wary and he kept flicking Hoseok anxious looks before adjusting his bag on his shoulder. Jimin didn't blame him. Hoseok was scary when he was mad. But he knew his brother was all bluster, no bite. He'd be back to his usual cheery self in no time.

"Hey. How's the ankle?"

Tae looked confused for a second before he gave a breathless little laugh. God Jimin loved his laugh. And his smile. And his face. And his body. And his butt.

"Oh right. Yeah, it's all good." He answered, flashing that wide smile that made Jimin's heart kind of stop and squeeze tight before exploding into a furious pace not even dancing could match.

"Oh. Good."

"Yeah."

Their eyes met for a second too long and Jimin turned away, blushing, searching desperately for something to focus on so he wouldn't be staring. Again. Which was why he missed the first half of Taehyung's sentence.

"-with me?" The taller boy was shuffling, his face mostly hidden behind his bangs.

"I'm sorry?" Jimin blinked at him.

"Never mind. Of course, you wouldn't. God, I'm such an idiot. Just forget I asked, ok?" Now he was babbling, which was cute. Because everything he did was cute. But Jimin had no clue what he was on about.