Chapter 43

Siwoo sighed.

His father looked at her, "Are you sure about this Siwoo-ah?" he asked. "Appa, I don't have any other choice." Siwoo said sadly.

"But I don't like that guy! He was never concerned about me. He never visits our place, not even once. J-Hope is better in many ways. He helped us so much, Siwoo. He cares for my health, he cares for our well-being and most importantly, he cares for you." Her father told her.

Once again, Siwoo sighed, "I know that appa. But I can't do anything to stop this engagement thing." She made it clear to her father.

"So it's been decided that it's tomorrow huh?" Jungkook sat on the couch with his arms crossed.

Her father looked at Jungkook, "Jungkook-ah, is there nothing we can do?"

Jungkook shook his head, "We have no power over this matter."

Her father sighed heavily.

TOK TOK TOK! TOK TOK TOK!

The three of them exchanged glances.

TOK TOK TOK! TOK TOK TOK!

"Anybody home?" a voice of a man asked from outside the house.

Jungkook jumped from the couch, "I'll get it." He went to open the door.

In the meantime, Siwoo and his father kept looking at each other.

"Just hang in there, okay Siwoo?" His father said to her and she nodded.

"Siwoo nuna, this is for you." Jungkook went back to the living room with a large rectangular box.

Siwoo blinked, "For me?"

Jungkook nodded before he put the box on the empty seat right next to Siwoo.

"Who send this?" Siwoo asked but Jungkook shrugged.

Without waiting for a moment, Siwoo opened the box and to her surprise, there's a classy and expensive-looking dress.

"What's the meaning of this?" Siwoo asked. "I bet that guys send it for you. It's mostly for tomorrow." Jungkook suggested. "But no one wear formal dress to a conference." Her father said. "You're right." Jungkook nodded.

Siwoo picked up the card that was with the dress. She read it through.

Her eyes widened is disbelief, "WHAT?!" She quickly grabbed her phone.

-------------------- ----------------- ---------------------

J-Hope went to his father's reading room.

"You ask for me dad?" J-Hope asked him.

Seonggi nodded, "Have a please."

J-Hope took the empty seat opposite to him, "So what's up?"

Seonggi narrowed his eyes at his son. J-Hope gulped, "Sorry."

Seonggi cleared his throat, "I know you're kind of occupied with your girlfriend's problem but I really hope you can make it." He said as he pushed a letter towards J-Hope.

He took it and read it through. "You want me to go to your company dinner?! Seriously?!" his eyebrows started to knit together.

"Yes. There'll be food, cocktail and dance and-" "Yeah I know! You told me the same thing every year but no, I won't go!" J-Hope answered.

Seonggi looked at his son sternly, "And why not?" "You still gonna ask?" J-Hope looked back at his father.

"I know you're going to find me a girl and made her dance with me just like how you did to me last year!" J-Hope was at verge of yelling.

"You'll never know until you meet her, Hoseok." Seonggi tried to convince his son.

J-Hope stood up from his seat, "Sorry dad but no. I won't go." He bowed to is father and started to walk away.

Just then, his phone rang. He looked at the ID and he frowned.

"Hel-"

"J-Hope oppa, why do I have to go to that dinner with you?!!" Siwoo's voice was loud that he needed to pull away his phone from his ear.

"Yah, Siwoo-ah, what are you talking about?" J-Hope asked her.

"Don't play dumb oppa even though you are sometime-"

"Yah Bae Siwoo, how could you call me a dumb?" J-Hope clenched his fist.

"Look, I just received this dress from you. I can make some times for you but do you know that I can't dance? Not only that, how should I do my hair so it goes well with the dress?"

J-Hope's jaw just drop. He couldn't believe what he heard. He turned to look at his father.

Seonggi was smiling at his son, "So what do you think?" he asked J-Hope.

"Hello? J-Hope oppa? Hello?"

"Siwoo-ah, I'll call you back." J-Hope hung up.

"So it's you." J-Hope said.

Seonggi smiled, "So you will go right?" J-Hope nodded, "Thanks dad."

"Hey, I didn't do this for free." Seonggi said. "What? I have to pay?" J-Hope asked and his father nodded. "Fine, just tell me how much you need." J-Hope asked.

Seonggi snorted, "I don't need money, Hoseok." "That what you want?" J-Hope looked at him curiously.

"Bring back my future daughter in-law." He said coldly.

J-Hope was smiling from ear to ear.