Honestly, everything up to me paying was a blur. I remember talking to Monika, her laughing at my little jokes, and eating some extremely delicious stuffed mushrooms.

After I hand tipped the waitress, I held open the door yet again for Monika. She thought we were going to go home, but there was no way in hell I was redoing everything I had done.

Monika started walking for my big ol' pickup when I gently grabbed her by the hand- C'mon babe, I've got one more stop planned."

Her eyes sparkled at me as I led her off the road and into the park. It was only a five or six minute walk from the restaurant, I had actually timed it myself the day before. I had to make sure that we got to the pavilion where I would propose before dark, as I wanted to propose right as the sun was setting in the background. At our current pace, we would arrive 7-8 minutes before dark. Perfect amount of time to talk.

Monika Pov

Y/n lead me through the beautiful park at a reasonable pace as it got slightly darker in the sky. It would be sundown soon. I didn't bring my torch (Flashlight). Who knows what he's got planned. Maybe late night tea or coffee?

I followed him for a few more minutes as he softly held my hand until we arrived at the small dirt path which lead to his secret spot that I had begun frequenting with the baby. Without saying a word, just smiling at me, he picked me up bridal style and carried me through the short path. I was a little stunned, but it was actually very polite of him to do. It would've been hard to walk on the dew ridden, wet dirt road in 3 inch heels. He gently put me down as we reached the side of the large pond.

"Look at how beautiful the water looks."

Y/n- The sunlight sure does looks amazing when it glistens and reflects."

Y/N POV

I kept talking to Monika as I slowly, as naturally as possible inched towards the pavilion. When we finally made it there, I made sure she sat down at the right bench. She had to be in the right place during my 'surprise'. She sat at the bench for a few minutes with me until I got up, giving the excuse that I had to tie my shoe. As I bent down to tie my shoe, I alerted her of the 'goldfinch' behind her. Monika likes birds and her favorite color is yellow, so that should've gotten her to turn around. She would find no bird, but she would find a bouquet of a dozen red roses I had placed earlier. The same kind of roses I had given her on our first date.

By the time Monika turned around, I was already down on one knee, holding out a velvet box with a small silver ring containing a diamond on it. The silver snaked into two pieces, entwining brilliantly into two smaller smaller diamonds, one on each side of the larger one. I hoped she liked it. I guess this was it. The big moment.

I took a big breathe before I spoke the words-Monika, these last two years that I've known you have been the best of my life. When I first saw you as you tended to a drunk Marius, I immediately fell in love. You were the girl I wanted to be with. You were the one I wanted to have children with. Can you help me make my first dream come true?"

I could see her baby blue eyes glistening as the sun slowly peaked under the horizon. The excitement in her eyes was visible. Her lips curved up into a deep smile.

"Monika Weiss, will you marry me?"

Monika POV

I was booming with happiness. I only had to say 1 word and then I would be bound forever with the man of my life. As I thought happy thoughts, Y/n's eyes began to falter. Did he think I was going to say no? I thought too long and left the poor boy alone with his thoughts!

I was overjoyed

"Yes!"

Y/n slowly slid the ring onto my finger before pulling me in for a kiss. I could feel our bodies together, the warmth radiating from him heated my body. As I stared at his chapped lips he pulled me by the waist, going a little low to pull my lips into his, gently twisting my head sideways. Our lips roughly smashed together for a moment until he used his favorite tactic, nibbling my lower lip. I let out a satisfied moan as he slipped his tongue through my lips.

His tongue seemed to explore each and every crevice of my mouth before I could finally push the combat between our tongues into his mouth. By the look on his eyes I could tell he was surprised. Usually he was the aggressive one, but not this time. I want to lead the front in love tonight. I could feel my tongue slide up against his back teeth, exploring every last bit of his mouth. His eyes sparkled downwards towards my waist as he squeezed my ass, making me give a little squeal, much to his delight, which allowed him to move both our hands up to my back. I know that he desperately wanted to move his hands inside of my dress, but we weren't home. Kissing and ass squeezing was as intimate as it was gonna get in the park. We finally pulled away, before I said something I'd always wanted to say to Y/n.

"I love you, fiance."