Jetlag

2 days after raid

Y/n POV

We got hit a lot harder than I thought. We're Rainbow. It should've been so much quicker and easier than it was. We should have had way less casualties. And apparently I was lights out for upwards of 30 minutes when I got pistol whipped.

At least Luna is in stable condition. She can barely move with her leg in current condition though, so when we fly home tonight she's going to end up being carried onto the jet with a stretcher.

My has been hurting like hell ever since my adrenaline kicked off when the stitching started. I feel like when I don't hold it above my heart for more than 10 minutes it could just explode, because it hurts so bad.

The co-pilot that got shot is also in stable condition, but he was moved camps.

Apparently we were a lot closer to death the other day than I thought. A bullet ended up bouncing off Elias' helmet and putting a crack in the glass, and Victoria had a hole shot through the top of her beanie hat. Both were inches from death. And Jonas caught his boot on fire somehow and ended up burning a hole straight through, and it singed his sock. He was so close to losing a toe.

THIRD PERSON

Jonas was chilling on his bunk playing with some yo yo he got from one of the G.I's.

Y/n was sitting on his bunk, randomly wondering if he could beat 50 corgi's in hand-to-hand combat when Monika walked in and patted him on the shoulders, then rested her head on his shoulder from behind.

Monika- C'mon, Schatz (Jem/Treasure). We leave soon."

Y/n, after giving Monika a kiss on the cheek- Alright Kochanie (Darling/Sweetie).

Jonas- So are we just calling each other nicknames in our native languages now? Jem and whatever the hell the Polish word was? Alright Liebessoldaten, (Love Soldiers) can you wait like 8 hours until we get back to base?"

Y/n- Technically Polish isn't my native language, I learned German first."

Jonas- Ugh, I don't really care. Just wait until we get off the plane. We board in 30 minutes."

Y/n- Sweet. Can't wait to get out of this sand-hole."

Monika- Same. I miss seeing everyone at base and sharing a bed with you." Monika gave a cheeky smile to Y/n."

Y/n just grinned- Most definitely."

Jonas- You all should just get your own room. Can't couples do that?"

Monika- Sadly, no. Unless you share a private house off base, like Zofia or Ela."

Jonas- Oh."

Victoria walked into the room on her phone and stuck her hand up- Time to head out guys. We're leaving a few minutes early."

Jonas hopped up from his bed- Sweet."

We all walked out and onto the plane. Shortly after we had boarded two grunts carried Luna on a stretcher to the plane and sat her down in the seat next to Victoria. The jet only had 10 seats, so Luna and Victoria sat together, Jonas was alone, Y/n and Monika together, and then Elias and Ela.

As the pilot kicked the jet up into full throttle and we reached max height, I was just kicked back in the seat and Monika was letting me rest my shot hand on her shoulder so that I could keep the bloodflow going. About 20 minutes into the flight while I was nailing straight up hits of testosterone by blasting Pantera into my ears, I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I turned around to see no one. Both Ela and Elias were just sitting normally.

About 30 seconds later someone poked me in the shoulder again. I didn't see who. And they did it again. And again. And again. I had to unplug my headphones and investigate.

Y/n- Jeezus! Who the hell is poking me!?"

Ela broke out laughing and I must've looked like I was about to kill her. Monika turned around to see my death glaring my older sister.

Monika kissed me on the cheek before turning me around from my sister, who had her hand pulling down her eye skin and sticking her tongue out, taunting me.

Monika patted me on the thigh- You alright Y/n?"

Y/n- Yeah, I just hope the poking stops soon."

Monika- Well, we've got a long flight ahead. I think your sister knows that you'll probably kill her again if she does it. Want to play chess?"

Y/n- Sure, why not?"

Y/n lost multiple times to Monika in chess, and ended up just falling asleep after being salty from getting poked and losing.

He was rudely awoken by the jet lurching him forward out of his seat when it landed.

Y/n- Oww, fuck!"

TIMESKIP

I had just pulled up to the room with my duffelbags when Zofia ran up to me and pulled me close, crying while she hugged me.

Zofia- Did you hear? About dad?"

Y/n patted his emotionally vulnerable sister on the back- Yes Zof, I did. Our CO informed us."

Zofia- Why would dad kill himself? He would never do that."

Y/n- I don't know. Jan Bosak was a strong man. I think that this was foul play."

Zofia- So do I. Well, enough sadtalk. How was your mission?"

Y/n- Had to shoot a hole through my wrist to escape a pair of shackles, but our mission was succesful with no deaths."

Zofia- That sounds good, other than the shooting yourself part. Well, I'm going to leave you alone with the rest of your team. Good luck in training after getting shot! I bet I can whoop your ass now with your hand wounded!"

Y/n- Nope, I could still win. Legs are just as deadly as arms!"

Zofia snickered and walked away.

The rest of the team walked to the room and Y/n sighed as he closed the door. He still had a lot of paperwork to do for Luna and himself.

END OF CHAPTER. Sorry if this chapter is super short, just one getting the characters off of the plane. Also, this story is nearing an end, like maybe only 7-8 chapters left. I don't know. I have a prequel planned for after this story, so I might do that when this is done. Also, it may start moving decently fast.