Family Reunion?

1 week after last chapter

Things have been going great so far. Monika actually enjoyed going fly fishing last week, and we had Elias cook us a great trout dinner. Who would've known he'd be such a good cook? Ela's got herself a good man. They still haven't said when they're getting married though, but apparently Monika is going to be the maid of honor, and Dominic the best man. I don't mind, I don't think Dom will mess with Monika. I'm still going to be a groomsman though.

Of course, Danny is shipping out on Monday, and now that it's Saturday, Mom and Dad are flying in. Well, they flew in. Apparently they are at Zofia's now. They wanted to see Elias and Monika. I know they've met Elias before, but never Monika. Gonna have to put on my best act in front of my parents.

Y/n, banging hurriedly on the bathroom door- C'mon Monika! We don't have to dress up for this! Zofia said for everyone to dress casual, and you're pretty enough you don't need makeup! Just throw on your hoodie and lets go. We're supposed to be there in the next 45 minutes. Elias is cooking ribs, and I don't want to miss 'em!"

Monika- Fine. Just let me curl my eyelashes real quick. It shouldn't take me more than a minute or two."

Y/n- So I can come in?"

Monika- Yeah. It's not like you ever couldn't. I never locked the door. All I've been doing is a little makeup."

Y/n, opening the door and picking up a razor and a can of Gillette shaving cream- A little? You've been in here 30 minutes!"

Monika- Well, I need to look nice for your parents. Why do you need to come in here?"

Y/n, applying shaving cream to his face- To shave off this stupid stubble."

Monika- Aww, I think you look cute with a little stubble, but ok then."

Timeskip to pulling up to Zofia's townhouse

Y/n- Remember Monika...-

Monika- Be on my best behavior with your parents. Yes Y/n, I know. Anyways, we aren't 16! It's not like your parents can ground you for seeing me. Hell, we live together."

Y/n, slightly nervous-Yeah, I know, I just want good first impressions. My dad can be very... tough. You should get along well with my mother though, and at least you are military.

Monika- Yeah, I guess that helps. Why don't we go in now?"

Y/n- Alrighty then.

Y/n and Monika walked through the door into Zofia's small townhouse to see a lively sight. Jan Bosak, Y/n's adoptive father, sitting in a chair, talking to Danny, presumably about war. Y/n's adoptive mother, Adraine, was sitting on the couch with Zofia. Ela could be seen through the screen door leading out back flirting with her fiance who was cooking ribs on a grill.

It is quite odd to see Y/n with his family. He looks nothing like either of his sisters, his mother, or his father. He is also a mile taller than all of them.

Y/n, happily- Hey Mama! Papa! Long time no see!"

Adraine ran up and hugged her son, and Y/n accepted her embrace, wrapping his arms around her.

Adriane (Mom)- Y/n, I've missed you so much!"

Y/n- Mama, I've only been gone less than 5 months. It hasn't been that long."

Mom- It's seemed like forever to me. At least your sisters call me every once in a while."

Y/n- Sorry mom, I've been busy a lot."

Mom, looking at Monika- With her?"

Y/n, heavily embarassed and nervous- MOM!? No! with work. Ok... maybe."