Chapter 10

Part II

Love

The three people sat in silence as they stared at Adali. She stared at her hands, looked to the sky, then began to speak.

“Remember where I left off with Noor complimenting me on my physical and mental beauty? I will continue from there.”

Noor watched me with large, faithful eyes. A slight, handsome smile spread across his charming face as he slid closer to me, placing a hand on my hand. Immediately, I flinched.

“Darling, let us go upstairs.” He whispered quietly into my ear, helping me up. I wanted to tell Noor that I was perfectly fine on my own, but something stopped me. A small pang of guilt took fire in my heart, causing me to remain silent.

Noor continued to hold my hand as we walked up the stairs, and entered my -- no, our, room. This was Noor’s house now. I was sleeping in Noor’s house, Noor’s bed… Allah, protect me.

He closed the door. He closed the door.

“Noor, what do you think you’re doing?” I hissed quietly, making sure to remain silent so his siblings or parents did not wake up.

“Ssh.” He whispered, placing a finger to his lips. We were face to face, nose to nose. Noor did not intimidate me. I kept my pride, it was all I had left.

He then placed his greedy hands on me, managing to expose parts of me.

“No!” I shouted rather loudly, shoving him as hard I could away. He could now see my face! My hair! My neck, my collar… Fortunately that was all he saw.

My dark brown eyes burned with anger as my hands clenched into tight fists. Apparently, I pushed Noor into the doorway, causing a loud crash to sound throughout the house. He lay on the ground, his arms folded and eyes staring at the ground. Noor smiled as I stood over him in a purposefully intimidating manner. He looked up at me with big, sparkling black eyes.

“Oh, how truly mesmerising you are…” He reached a hand up for me to help him up as I leaned down to stare at him in the eye. My long black hair fell upon his knees and dropped to the floor like an ocean of black.

“You may not be used to this but in this relationship, you don’t lead. Stop your nonsense. Neither of us will lead. Let’s be equal.” I leaned forward and captured his lips in a strange feeling kiss.

That night I will completely admit I fell in love with Noor. No, not that petty infatuation you seen between helpless teenagers on television shows, but real love. Don’t believe me? Oh, just wait.