91. Ghosts

Because it's Cameron's birthday, I've decided to grace you with an upload.

Ahaha I'm trying to get my boyfriend to watch Gotham and omfg it's so annoying coz I'm like; "yeah, this part is cringey/ this character is dumb until the next season/ it gets better from the end of season 1".

man I love Gotham, but it's so hard to get my friends to watch it with me. Like I hate some of the episodes, namely the episodes in season 1 that are pointless (cough Balloonman cough), and the episodes in season 2 after Jerome dies, and the episodes in season 3 before Jerome is resurrected. I like the season 4 episodes tho, I actually really liked the Professor Pyg parts.

Anyway, here you go, you mugs.

- - - -

Third Person P.O.V

Jim's emotionless eyes study the ruins, hiding the sadness deep within.

And the anger.

"Jim," his most loyal friend calls out from behind him, and he snappily turns to face him.

"Harvey, flames are dying we can get more teams inside. There have to be survivors," he stresses, silently praying that Samantha is one of them.

"I know-"

"I can't lose her," Jim finishes off.

You're like the dad I never had, Jim.

He didn't realise how attached he had grown to the young girl. How much he wanted to protect her from well, everything. And what if now, he'll never get the chance to? What if she's gone forever?

"Jim, I know," Harvey presses, his hand finding it's way onto his friend's shoulder, "it's just... an officer just found this."

Jim felt his heart drop as the item was handed to him. A mask. A black mask.

"Please tell me it's not-"

"She was wearing it, Jim. We... we both know that there's no mistaking it as hers."

These people trust you, I trust you... maybe you should start trusting yourself as well.

She had trusted him. The people of Haven had trusted him.

But where had that got them? Burnt to death, or crushed by rubble? Maybe even worse?

How could he trust himself, if now there was no one to trust him?

- - - -

Jeremiah's P.O.V

Gone. Just like that. Poof.

She left me. She doesn't care about me. She abandoned me.

Haha, funny isn't it? Just one big joke. Why do I always get the punchline?

Maybe I just need to keep her happy, make her smile again. I love that smile. It's like a drug, and I'm an addict that doesn't get enough of it.

Focus, focus.

I need her back first. Right where she belongs. Forever.