82. Halls & Tunnels

"thE tiTle haS noThiNg to dO wiTh the ChApTeR"

What happens when you shout in a tunnel or a long hall?

ah, getting metaphorical, I see.

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS GIVE ME A BREAK IF THE CHAPTER ISN'T LONG ENOUGH. thank you, love you ❤️❤️💕💜💙❤️💛💜🖤💚💕💗💓💘💖💞

OH AND LOOK WHO I FOUND IN MY LOCAL SHOP.

YO DR LEE THOMPKINS IS IN DA HOUSE

I swear that's her

my friends were making fun of me for just whipping out my phone and getting a picture.

----

Sam's P.O.V

"What are you doing?" Jeremiah questions, one of his eyebrows raised in suspicion. I instantly make space between me and Ecco, with my face still very flustered from what has just occurred.

"I-I'm not feeling well, an-and Ecco was just checking my if my forehead was hot," I splutter out quickly, as the woman beside me seems to have nothing to say.

'Good one. She was checking my temperature with her lips... on my lips.'

"Hmm," Jeremiah nods, seemingly believing it, "well, your face does look rather red. Perhaps you do need to cool down."

"Yes," I almost instantly agree, feeling my face somehow heat up even further.

"I'll come back later with some things for yourself. Enjoy your food," Ecco formally tells me, no hint of emotion in her tone, much in comparison to before.

I tumble over my words, my voice rising a few octaves higher, "Ye-Yeah? Um, yeah, see you later."

She awkwardly smiles for a second, before spinning on her heels and out of the door, leaving me and Jeremiah alone.

I bet that the only way I could make this more awkward would be if I started whistling. Well, I can barely whistle anymore anyway.

"Do you wish for me to get you anything?" Jeremiah suddenly asks, out of the blue.

"Uh, no. No, I'm fine, thank you," I reply, and afterward curse myself for thanking him.

'If that were the case, I should've thanked Barbara for the time she shot me in my stomach, or when Jervis Tetch made me-'