41. Three Soups

Jerome's P.O.V

Unc takes out the bowl from the microwave, and I struggle against baldy.

He forces me to sit onto my knees, as Unc brings over the extra extra super spicy hot soup bowl.

"Wait, wait, wait! No, no. No!"

There's so many things I want to see! So many things I want to do! So many people I want to meet and then kill! I can't die like this.

I can see it now.

Here lies
Jerome Valeska:
Who died due to a very hot soup.
May he rest in peace.

Nope. Probably not. I don't think they'd want me to 'rest in peace'.

"Here, nephew. Have a taste of one of my three soups."

"No, no, no, no," I shout, as he tips the bowl a bit.

I gag as the boiling hot soup is poured over my mouth. I'm going to need a bigger chapstick, when this is over.

"My sister had the wrong idea with you, keeping you around," Uncle Zack snarls. "She should have put you in a sack with some rocks and dropped you in the river."

I cough, my mouth beginning to feel numb and as if it's on fire at the same time.

"Put this creep out of our misery," Zack says to the big guy.

I glance up as the shop door rings, meaning someone's stepped through.

My hero! ... It's Bruce Wayne?

"What the hell are you doing?" Brucey looks over to me, and then to my Uncle.

"Get outta here, kid."

"No."

"Look, kid," Uncle Zack sounds slightly annoyed. "I appreciate a concerned citizen and all, but this is Jerome Valeska, the psycho who broke out of Arkham tonight. And what we're doing is giving him what he deserves."

"No one deserves that," Bruce indicates to the empty bowl of soup.

"You tell him-" I cheer, only to be silenced by my Unc.

"Shut up."

"Stop," Bruce says, as the guy tightens the chokehold I'm in. "Call the police, and they'll come for him."

"Aw, jeez, let him go," Uncle sighs, and I'm dropped to the floor. "And get rid of the kid."

Oh no! Not Bruce!

The bulky guy steps up to Bruce, in which Bruce throws a plate at his face. It smashes but the guy keeps walking.

Bruce grabs a pool cue, hitting him in the face once more.

While my uncle laughs at them fighting, I take the opportunity to pick up the gun that Baldy knocked out of my hand.

I stand up, putting an arm around Zack's neck and using my other hand to hold the gun against his temples.