26. Getting Over It

Little hints about season four (ik I'm in like season 2-3) but no spoilers.
----

Sam's P.O.V

A few months after Jerome's death, it was revealed that the man who killed him, Theo Galavan, was working with him as well.

When Galavan first killed Jerome, I didn't hate him. Sure, I was sad as hell, but I didn't blame Theo. He was just trying to save Bruce. But then I heard that he actually killed Jerome to get closer to his job as the mayor.

That made my blood boil.

It didn't matter how I felt, anyway. Theo Galavan died, and I can't say I felt any empathy for him.

That leads to where I am now. Sitting in a cafe. Trying to keep my mind off everything.

I had given up on my school, not even bothering to show up.

It didn't matter anyway. I'm pretty sure the teachers thought I was dead.

I take a long sip of my hot chocolate, closing my eyes as the warm liquid travels down my throat, somehow soothing it from the sobs that seemed to pour out of me whenever I thought about Jerome too hard.

I didn't want him to die. Not at all.

I don't even know if I wanted him to go to Arkham and spend most of his life there, but I definitely wanted him to change. To stop being a killer. To stop scaring me every time he snapped from one mood to another.

But instead I had to watch him die, rather then any of those things actually happening.

"You're Samantha Williams, am I right?"

I flinch, looking up to the person who spoke.

"You're Bruce Wayne, am I right?" I dodge his question, twisting it to my own.

He smiles, sitting down opposite me.

"You remember me."

"Of course I do," I sit back in my seat, "the last time we were in the same place was at the charity thing."

"Yes. I never got to speak to you after."

"Well, I didn't think that the Bruce Wayne would want to speak to me."

He shrugs, "Jerome tried to kill me, and he tried to kill you-"

"He didn't try to kill me," I cut him off.

He sighs, "Gordon told me that you and him were close. Really close."

"Woah, hold your horses, kid," I grit my teeth in annoyance. "Firstly, it's none of your business. Secondly, Detective Gordon shouldn't have told you that. Thirdly, it's none of your business."

He can tell that he's getting on my nerves.

"Look, I'm just here to thank you. Plus, I'm not a kid."

I raise an eyebrow. Why is he here to thank me?

"I heard you defend Alfred when Jerome was going to kill him. W-Without him I wouldn't-"

"Don't mention it," I cut him over, "it was you who saved your butler."

"But you didn't know if Jerome was going to hurt you if you stood up for him. No one else did."

I look to the floor. I did know that Jerome wasn't going to hurt me, but no one seemed to think that was the case. Even Lee, someone who always trusted my word, told me that he manipulated me into thinking that.

"Y'know something, Wayne?" I chuckle under my breath.

"What?"

"I thought you were a stuck up grade-A asshole. But, I guess not."

He laughs, standing up from his seat, "It was nice speaking to you, but I've got to go."

"I feel like I'll be seeing more of you, Wayne. Oh, and say hi to Selina."

His face goes red at my last comment, and he trudges away.

Selina.

After Barbara was sent to Arkham, me and Selina didn't talk. No, we didn't hate each other.

We just didn't bump into one another. At all.

I didn't know the sly girl very well, since I had only spoken to her on two or three occasions, but that didn't mean I didn't care about her.

She's a good person, caught up in a bad city.

I stand up from my chair, placing down the money for the drink on the table.

I pull my hood up on my coat, trying hard to ignore the heavy rain.

When I get back to my apartment, I find myself watching or even rewatching a few shows on Netflix.

Little did I know, someone was paying close attention to me.

----

Unknown P.O.V

I glance over at the girl who I was told to look out for.

My boss seems to like her, even though I have never seen him talk to her. Not once.

Although I am his proxy, he is still secretive with me on occasions. Although he told me to make sure this girl didn't get hurt or anything, I still have no idea why.

Sure, I know that she was the one who Jerome had targeted, even kidnapped. But that still doesn't explain to me why my boss wants to keep her safe.

Maybe he knew her, before he met me?

He knew Jerome before he met me, so that could be the reason.

To be honest, I kind of feel sorry for Samantha Williams, the one I'm watching.

From what I heard, Jerome is a crazy piece of shit. Wait, never mind. Was a crazy piece of shit.

----

Alright, alright.

I can't keep up this story without our main man. If you haven't watched season three, don't read on from here, I'm warning you. If you have, kick back and enjoy the absolute crap I write.

And thanks for getting this far into the story, I rlly appreciate it.