73. Back Goes The Clock

Sam's P.O.V

With a snap of his fingers, I find myself in control of my body once more. I could only watch as the madman made me follow him like some sort of dog, into some... building. He told me to get into a blue dress that suspiciously reminded me of something from Alice In Wonderland, and my assumption was correct.

I was sat down on a chair, next to a long table, where he was opposite me, calmly drinking his tea. My arms were bound to the chair, so when I did get out of his trance, I still wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

"Let me go," I blurt when I finally get to speak, without him telling me to.

"Go? But where to? I've only invited you for some tea."

"Where's Bruce?"

"Bruce Wayne is in the snow, where I left him."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"You don't remember?" He replies happily, but I notice the gleam of sadness in his brown eyes.

"You were with Jerome before he died. I saw it on the news. I remember now, you're Jervis Tetch. The hypno-guy."

"Ah, I was with Mr Valeska, but that's not what I meant. You don't remember me, do you, Samantha?"

"I'm sorry, I can't say I do."

"You said that you would have a tea party with me," Jervis prompts, but I still have no idea what he's talking about.

He sighs deeply, frowning. Uh-oh. I don't wanna upset the guy who has me tied down to a chair, with no way of leaving.

"I guess I'll have to remind you, then."

----

Third Person P.O.V (past)

"Pass me the ball," the redhead known as Jerome demanded to the smaller boy, who scrunched his nose up. People needed to be nicer to him. He wanted to make them treat him nicely... but alas, he had no way of doing it. At least, not yet.

His parents had wondered off with his sister, Alice, to explore the circus known as Haly's.

"Jerome, you don't have to be so mean," another girl walked up, rolling her eyes at her friend.

Jervis felt his eyes glue to her, instantly forgetting about the agitated boy beside her, who noticed him staring. Jerome didn't like to share things. Especially his things.

"Fine," he grumbled. "Pass me the ball, now."

Jervis handed the small rock-like ball over, still staring at the small girl. She looked around his age, but maybe younger.

"Hello," he waved excitedly at her, even when Jerome glared at him hatefully.

"Hiya. My name's Sam Williams, and this is Jerome Valeska. His twin brother Jeremiah is out back-"

"We don't need to involve him. He's enjoying his silly little mazes," Jerome growled out through gritted teeth.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Jervis, Jervis Tetch. My sister Alice is around here, but I don't know where... Do you come here often?"